Protesters Screaming At Muslim Women And Children

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Mar 5, 2011.

1. rdowns, Mar 5, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2011

rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Shakes head.

Disgusting Video Shows Protesters Screaming At Muslim Women And Children

EDIT: Video pulled from above. Found this on YouTube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm6IxDuvE00

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

3. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Human beings can be ugly. Not making excuses for them though.

4. torbjoern macrumors 65816

torbjoern

Yeah - I'm so sick of all this protesting against homosexuals, Jews, Theo van Gogh and Salman Rushdie.

Oh, wait...

5. Andeavor macrumors 6502

I think we should start a ban of all religions.

6. kalsta macrumors 68000

kalsta

Good one Macaroony! Have you worked out what the sentence for being religious will be yet? Shall they be cast into the fiery furnace? Stoned? Crucified?

7. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

They would have to live with Charlie Sheen. #winning

8. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

9. Andeavor macrumors 6502

Community service or increased taxes.

It's what jesus wanted.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

What were these people even protesting? Sanity? Because all I could see were a bunch of nutcases who had no clue as to what they were even doing there.

11. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Its not plausible but it would be very nice if we could somehow "stop" people from believing in their specific religions.

It really causes nothing but problems.

12. kalsta macrumors 68000

kalsta

:) I think you'll find community service is often self-inflicted.

13. kalsta macrumors 68000

kalsta

Um, AP Piano, don't look down but your inner Stalin is showing.

14. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I'm sure people would find other excuses to behave like morons.

15. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

That's the Tea Party for you.

16. Andeavor macrumors 6502

We can't make everyone to stop believing but preventing everyone from showing their religion and protect them from any nut cases who believe otherwise.

Kind of like in some schools where you have to wear a uniform to show you're an equal in the student body and under school authority. But with a religion ban you're free to practice it at home but fined if you bring it into the public and thus hopefully prevent stupid nonsense protests like this one.

17. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

That's true. The ones I went to were quite puzzling.

18. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Of course but at least they wouldn't be able to use thousands of years of tradition as an excuse.

They would just have to admit that they're racist bigots. "Religion" has long given an err of respectability to bigotry and general stupidity which it does not deserve.

19. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

LOL, I'm not advocating killing the religious, it would just be great if people would stop believing.

Religion is and has been a wedge which drives people apart.

20. kalsta, Mar 5, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2011

kalsta macrumors 68000

kalsta

Seriously? For one that's incredibly naive. Like Eraserhead said, 'people would find other excuses to behave like morons'. The problem isn't religious belief per se… The problem is rooted in fear, anger and hatred. These protestors no doubt fear something about Islam, and believe it poses some threat to themselves, so they take it upon themselves to attack whatever appears to be a visible symbol of that.

People often fear what they don't understand or feel they can't control. Your desire to see religion locked away and become invisible… You too need to ask yourself whether irrational fear drives you to want to control people in such a way.

Remember too, this is the side of religion the media often likes to focus on, for the very reason that it is emotive. Don't assume Christians aren't appalled at some of the things people do in the name of Christianity. Don't assume Muslims aren't appalled at the violence done in the name of Islam. In reality, what you're seeing is, in most cases, a small but vocal minority.

On a personal note, I should add that I am Christian and I love my Muslim friends. We don't agree about everything, but there is a wonderful spirit of respect when we talk about stuff. So this is not just academic for me… it's about living it out.

21. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

That's not going to happen unless humans evolve considerably. I'd just like to get religion out of government.

22. citizenzen macrumors 65816

As a rule, you should not ask the law abiding citizen to alter their behavior in order to appease the nut case.

23. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Religion is already not supposed to be in government. Any politician who claims he a has a "mandate from God" or any other such nonsense should be immediately removed from office and fined, as they obviously cannot serve all their constituents fairly or equally and obviously put religion before their commitment to making laws that are fair to all.

24. kalsta macrumors 68000

kalsta

Well said!!

25. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Which presents the legal conundrum: what happens when the nut case has legal authority?

[​IMG]

As far as the protesters, this certainly doesn't help improve the image of the Tea Party. People keep telling us about how they're not racist, but at the very least, it seems that's the party where the racists can feel at home.