Proud Boys Founder Gavin McInnes: ‘We Need More Violence from the Trump People’

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by RootBeerMan, Oct 19, 2018.

1. RootBeerMan, Oct 19, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018

RootBeerMan macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

So, people on the right are going on about leftist violence, (and yes, it does happen) but you have plenty of it coming from the right, as well. Even no less a personage than Trump has called for his followers to commit violence against their political opponents. Now we have the leader of the so-called "Proud Boys" calling for violence against perceived political opponents. NYPD is currently in the process of arresting some of their members for violence they committed last week. These people are dangerous and they're being egged on by their idol, Donald Trump. Republicans and others who support Trump need to put a stop to this immediately and actively condemn the president. Things will eventually get out of hand and the blowback will be really ugly.

https://gritpost.com/proud-boys-gavin-mcinnes-more-violence/

Video at the link

2. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

I agree.

This person speaks for every person who did not vote for Hillary Clinton.

3. ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

That isn't what he said.

If leftists need to call out violence from the left, then so do rightists need to call out violence from the right.

If leftists need to disavow Antifa, then rightists need to disavow the Proud Boys.

4. RootBeerMan thread starter macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

Hmmm...I'm not sure what your takeaway was from the article.

5. raqball macrumors 68000

Proud Boys? LOL

Trash, garbage, wackadoodles..

I say we round them and Antifa up, drop them on an Island and let them do what they do....

6. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Except the problem is that even as you dismiss the extremists as not representative of the entire Republican Party, your president is doing precisely the opposite with respect to the Democrats.

7. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

“Proud Boys” has an odd Greenwich Villagy sound to it. I suspect McInnes was going for max cog-dis with that name.