[Proven to be FALSE] Hours After First Intelligence Briefing, Trump Likely Leaked CLASSIFIED Secrets

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Huntn, Jul 30, 2016.

1. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

August should turn out to be a pretty interesting month.

2. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

If it is true I imagine the last thing the military wants is to make a big deal out of it, hoping that it be overlooked.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Let's give intelligence briefings to Kremlin Don. What could possibly go wrong?

In before the inane private server posts.

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Comrade Trump doesn't need an intelligence briefing. He needs an intelligence test.

This keeps up and we may have our first ever presidential candidate arrested for treason before the election.

Warm up your chants of "Lock him up! Lock him up!"

5. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

CSpan reported China was setting counterfeit items to the US Military back in 2010. Did people care back then? If not, why would they care now?

6. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Looking at the Republican primary candidates for President over the last two cycles with Orange Frump as the icing on the cake, an argument can definitely made for competency test for both candidates and voters. ;) The fact this man is the nominee for President from a major political party is a national embarrassment.

7. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Doesn't help when people resort to puerile name calling.

What, people expect me only to call out the childish flagrant insults made only against Democratic leaders' names by people doing their party and candidate no service by acting so childish? At least Trump has an excuse for his actions (he didn't want to win at the time)

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

And September, October and the early days of November.

9. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

The half, let's say whatever % who are drinking orange Koolaid this year, they either won't care or be in denial about anything negative regarding their candidate. It seems like the goal for many of them is to tear down the establishment house, whatever they think it is. Apparantly they don't understand, they will also be consumed in any resulting economic conflagration.

10. zin Suspended

A Google search took me five seconds to uncover the existence of five U.S. military installations in Saudi Arabia.

I love the difference in reaction when it comes to giving unauthorised persons access to classified information, though. Keep it up.

11. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

This is what it's about.

12. Huntn, Jul 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2016

Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

So what do you think if this story is true?

Regarding your name calling comment, I can't say you don't have a point. I agree that name calling lessens the argument, and I am guilty of it (regarding candidates), while recognizing that it's a convenient, efficient way of expressing your loathing of a person, preferably justified, not fabricated.

For example, Slimey Newt appears to be a completely justified moniker, the guy who skewered Bill Clinton for his affair while he conducted his own affair as his wife lay dying in the hospital.

Now for Trump, because of his demeanor, Frump seems to be an applicable nickname. Except when describing himself, everything that comes out of his mouth is negative. That is the basis for the Frump nickname.

In comparison names like Crooked Hillary, Hitlary, Killary are names without a justifiable basis unless (for the former) it would just as appropriate to use the Crooked Donald label too. Except there is an important distinction between the two candidates, Trump's business practices are well documented, while Hillary's "crooked" activities fall within the realm of unsubstantiated, partisan motivated accusations.

However, I completely disagree with your description of Trump. The only possible excuse for the stream of outrageous BS he spouts daily is either a complete lack (of the tradional definition) of character, or a mental disorder.

13. vrDrew macrumors 65816

It is a well-known security tactic to give someone a unique piece of information, (whether true or not is not important), and see if that piece of information later becomes public. That way you identify the source of the leak.

For example, top secret memos handed out to members of a committee are each slightly different from one another. Spacing, typefaces, punctuation, syntax, all subtly differ. That way, if a copy of that document is subsequently leaked to the press - you know who was responsible.

Maybe this was a little test the CIA ran on Donald Trump. They casually told him about some intel we were getting from our "base in Saudi Arabia" - and waited to see what he did with the info.

Then again, which is IMHO more probable, Donald Trump thinks we have a base in Saudi Arabia, and - as usual - was just talking out of his ass.

14. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

A Google search produced this. Top result.
    http://militarybases.com/riyadh-air-base-air-force-base-in-riyadh-saudi-arabia/

What's the big secret again? I don't get it. They even list the GPS coordinates.

15. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

16. Gutwrench macrumors 68000

Gutwrench

Well gee, let's present a [false] premise to be assumed true and solicit replies. Brilliant. I mean after scanning the headlines of BipartisanReport.com who could imagine they'd have a bias.

17. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

"was I not supposed to say that? did I do anything wrong?"

18. flyinmac macrumors 68040

flyinmac

So there's no confirmation that anything he said was information from a private conference. And it's all speculation???

Yeah get out the pitchforks.

Crazy people will come up with anything to make someone sound bad.

Let's fabricate some stories and base it on what might not have ever happened and convict someone based on that story.

19. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

20. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

trump does this on his own rather well in fact it is one of his greatest things.

21. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

Guys, Trump is not an elected official. He has NO security clearance at this point (I'm sure he still had to fill out the paperwork so Homeland Security could complete his clearance, should he become POTUS). As a private citizen, he wouldn't be given any classified material. It's always on a need to know basis.

As much as I'd love to say he's gaffed again, nope, there's no way this could be true.

22. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

It certainly is a real political story. If you want it to be believed, you will have to provide evidence that he was actually briefed on the military base and that he didn't already know about it from existing public sources.

23. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I think its more than likely that this simply shows how little Donald Trump understands about Saudi Arabia; middle eastern politics in general; and the recent military history of the United States.

The fact of the matter is that the US did have a base in Saudi Arabia. There were several that were established in support of the first Gulf War in 1991. And that after the first Gulf War, we maintained an airbase and residual combat presence at Riyadh.

And this is the important part: The presence of US combat troops in Saudi Arabia - near the site of Islam's holiest shrines - is one of the reasons cited by Osama bin Laden for the 9/11 attacks. Donald Trump should understand and know about this.

But he should also know that US combat troops were withdrawn from Saudi Arabia in 2003. In large part to defuse tensions that their presence would have caused.

Everybody makes verbal slip-ups. Many of us are not conversant with the precise locations of various US military installations. But being President is a serious job; one that demands a high level of familiarity with the basic facts of our military and political situation; and the mental discipline not to go off half-cocked when you are not sure about the facts.

24. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

He hasn't received any briefings yet. Daily Newsbin and Bipartisan Report? lol

--- Post Merged, Jul 30, 2016 ---
    Bipartisan Report and the nut that runs it makes Alex Jones look sane.