PRSI posts from D10 thread

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by SvK, May 29, 2012.

1. SvK macrumors 6502

SvK

Apple and Barack Obama have something in common. They're both awesome.

2. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

You must be trolling - Apple and the idiot Obama have nothing in common

Apple is innovative and delivers world class results

Obama talks and talks and delivers ummmmm - talk.

3. mdriftmeyer macrumors 68030

mdriftmeyer

GOP complained the Federal Payroll was too big. President Obama cuts nearly 600k Federal Jobs. I guess that's not delivering.

GOP complains about Budget bills when they can't and shouldn't get their own bankrupt options through the Senate.

President provides plans for Jobs and with the stimulus more than 3 million created. The GOP who obstructed is now talking the stimulus wasn't big enough, but not because they actually want to add funds for Infrastructure, but they wanted more tax cuts in it.

They couldn't run a company like Apple. Only Democrats seem to know how seeing as Steve, Tim and the gang are all Democrats.

The Republicans ran Apple into the ground once they kicked Steve out.

4. blow45 macrumors 68000

Couldn't agree more. Although Tim should be more careful to not talk in Goldman conferences in this day and age and after what the u.s. and the world has been though due to these "spoilt brats" (not my words, but those of an economics Nobel laureate).

5. Rocketman, May 29, 2012
    Last edited: May 29, 2012

Rocketman macrumors 603

Rocketman

I don't want to get too far into the political weeds with a drink-the-kool-aid-partisan like you, but lets at least keep a few facts simple. Obama allowed military attrition during a several military front time frame while the domestic bureaucracy went UP over 20%.

The house (of congress) passed a budget every year for the past 4 years. After the 2008-9 Bush/Obama cooperative budget with stimulus included of over $1T (one year), exactly NO budgets have passed the Senate (of congress) (D super majority, D leader, D senate president, D president). Not even the President's budgets. Continuing resolutions and continuing $1.3T deficits, and a vacationing President. He is taking great care of his family.

[​IMG]

Rocketman

6. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

I think you are mistaking me for a Republican - not so - they are equally ineffective. Neither Obama nor the congress have been able to put a budget together in three years. On Obama's watch - Secret Service Hookers, Las Vegas GSA parties, on and on. Our system is clearly broken.

7. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Hard for Obama to put together a budget if Congress doesn't pass it....... He can propose as many budgets as he wants, but with Congress so deadlocked I am not surprised none of his have been passed. No matter how many times he talked with the GOP leaders to compromise on things......

You seriously putting the SS scandal as a failure/bad thing on Obama?

I agree our system is broken. There needs to be more than two parties( that aren't *******e crazy), term limits on Congress, etc.

For me the Democrats are the lesser of two evils. Most Republicans in power are way too extreme. While I am not sure if I am voting this fall. If I do, it will be for Obama since he is better than Romney IMHO or make a statement by voting Stewart/Colbert as a write in. If we are going to have comedians in government, might as well have good ones. :p

8. 184550 Guest

None of that is a result of Obama's policies or leadership while President. Nice try.

9. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Nice try?? Faint praise. ****ing dismal is what I call it.

10. Apple Corps, May 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2012

Apple Corps macrumors 68030

You bet I am - he IS the responsible Executive in the Executive Branch.

The SS and GSA are HIS agencies with HIS people in them.

He sets the tone - the culture.

11. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

You're holding him to a level of accountability that no one can ever live up to.

12. thekev, May 30, 2012

thekev macrumors 604

thekev

This is a typical problem. Focus in on one person. They get voted out. The same thing happens behind the back of the next guy.

13. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I'll trade a few hookers and a lavish party for an illegal war and adopting torture as national policy any day.

Talk about setting a tone.

:rolleyes:

14. Nielsenius macrumors 6502a

You must not have listened during your U.S. Government class if you think the president is responsible for even half of the things the federal bureaucracy (Executive Branch) does. The members of the president's cabinet are concerned with their own departments, not with the reputation of the president. The president has very little impact on the daily lives of Americans. He's one man. Want to blame someone for the nation's problems? Blame Americans; their votes shape the nation.

15. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

True-ish, but I always give due consideration to my cousin's mantra, "It's the Supreme Court, stupid."

16. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

Why would you want to trade bad actions ????

17. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

OIDK, how about trading massively damaging foolishness for a little dab of trivial debauchery? I will tolerate the latter much more easily.

18. Happybunny, May 31, 2012

Happybunny macrumors 68000

How ever bad Obama is at least I can understand what he says, the last buffoon George 'W' sounded like a retard

If you are going to blame this president for the Secret Service scandal, because he sets the tone-culture.
    Then George 'W' and Blair should be indicted for War Crimes illegal invasions and the use of torture.

19. Apple Corps, May 31, 2012

Apple Corps macrumors 68030

Not sure of what Kool Aid you are slurping - the original post equated Apple and Obama as "awesome". Obama is a joke - as was Bush. We, as western society, need to get past this juvenile win / lose, liberal / conservative, hawk / dove, republican / democrat perspective and demand more from the power mongers that claim to dedicate their lives to serving the public. 99% of them are out to serve themselves. Trying to defend Obama by attacking some equally ineffective republicans does NOT make Obama any better.

We the People are getting equally shafted by the politicians left and right. Nothing less than western civilization is at risk - we must stop getting distracted by the political parties "winning" as a proxy for real results.

20. Queso macrumors G4

Please don't project the overly bi-partisan crap spun in the USA onto other nations. Your country doesn't solely represent "Western civilisation", it is just one country among many that can be grouped under that term.

21. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Didn't you know that Europe is the 52nd state(Canada being the 51st)? :p

22. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Hater.

;)

23. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

OK, you have identified a major problem, do you have a solution? To get that accomplished, where to we start?

24. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

25. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I'll happily bring the soft drinks :)