PS3 Slim at $300, Xbox 360 starts at $200, what's next for Wii?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by nutmac, Aug 25, 2009.

1. nutmac macrumors 68040

Nintendo has been awfully quiet lately. Many retailers are selling Wii bundled with a title below $250.

Anyone know what Nintendo is up to? Are they going to release more channels? Media channel perhaps? Offer Internet channel for free?

Any news on hardware update and/or price cut? At the very least, they should cut the price down to $199 and include both Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort, along with newly designed remote with integrated MotionPlus.

2. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

I'm hoping for better graphics, to enhance the realism. I think that if it looked better, the experience would be awesome! :D

3. fiercetiger224 macrumors 6502a

Um...Wii HD. Backwards compatible with Wii games, but new HD games require the new console. Typical Nintendo upgrade, similar to their portables. :p

Same price...

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

5. fiercetiger224 macrumors 6502a

Or rebrand it as Gamecube II and it'll sell like hotcakes. Oh wait, IT IS A GAMECUBE II! :p

6. macfan881 macrumors 68020

i would not be surprise to see a price cut probally announced at TGS makes sense since its Nintendo land there and i read somewhere the DSi is geting Facebook intergation if it hasnt allready but i expect the Wii to be 200 by the holiday season maybe under that i woulnt be shocked

7. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I know everyone takes the piss out of the wii for being a gamecube 2, but surely it's just the same a a playstation - playstation 2 - playstation 3 ? They're all playstations ;)

At least the wii is still backwards compatible :)
    (Thank-god otherwise there really would be feck all to play on it period :p )

Wii has been for me the most disappointing of consoles this generation. I've failed to be entertained by Wii controls except in Wii Sports, Region Locking to the point of anally retentive, a barrage of 'casual' (which should really be '*****' ) games.

I loved my NES, SNES, N64 & Cube (having both the Cube & Panasonic Q), but Wii........ you really have let me down.

Whatever Nintendo do next, they need to try and re-capture that old spark rather than continually bastardizing their IP's/franchises...

9. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Put it at 149, it sell like there is no tomorrow. Sadly I can see them going for 199. A nice drop, but still the Wii used to be in a whole different price world, now its so close(if not more)

10. Vster macrumors 6502

OMG +1, and I think $199 would be the most likely drop if they do at all.

11. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

the wii doesnt need to do anything

why would they?