PSA Apple will give you better service if you are a hot girl

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by syphern, Oct 29, 2016.

1. syphern macrumors 6502

So heres my experience. I am an average chubby big belly slightly scruffy beard man. I went to the apple store without an appointment for an issue with my iphone 7.

Im waiting in line to see red ipad dudes and was second in line for 10 mins while he serves a couple infront of me - this young blonde woman walks and stands on the other side of the guy. He then looks up looks at me then looks at her and says whos next, before i could answer he is asking her how he can help. So Im like erm ok fine no prob ill let this one go. Overheard she doesnt have an appt like me and was told to wait upto 2 hours for a faulty macbook.

So im browsing the store and walk over to the cases section where these geniuses are and I see this girl 45 mins later speaking to the genius about her problem im thinking wtf how did she manage this? So I asked the dude with the red ipad how long till the wait and I was told ill get a text?!

anyway im slightly pissed off but whatever keep browsing and I hear her say omg thank you so much this is amazing. I look over and shes holding a silicone iphone case and im presuming is a free gift for her as the genius is smiling from ear to ear

Anyway my turn comes 3 hours later...

2. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Hot girls get better service, period. For others, they could get better service when dressed up. This applies to any stores.

3. Stevessvt macrumors 6502

This is a revelation? If you're a hot girl you automatically get better treatment for everything.

I feel like I'm watching a Captain Obvious commercial.

4. bassett700 macrumors member

bassett700

If I read your story correctly, you spent around 4 hours at the Apple store. I find that more interesting than Apple's favoritism towards the hottie.

5. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

Were you there for the same issue? Wait time varies depending on the product and apparent issue. Macs have different technicians than iOS devices, iPhones with only damaged displays will get booked in for repair quicker than something needing proper diagnosis etc.

As for the case- Apple don't really do "free" stuff unless they mess up on an epic scale. What you saw with that case was likely a swap under warrantee. The silicone cases peel all the time, and customers will often bring up accessory problems while their devices are being assessed.

Not saying that the staff in store weren't more than pleased to cater to the attractive lady, but context is important too.

6. MattXDA macrumors 6502

MattXDA

I got a free leather case from Apple so they definitely do free stuff if you ask - I asked for it as my phone came with a little mark on it near the power button

7. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

This...

If you have not come to realize that a hot girl will always get better treatment than you, it's time to accept this fact of life.

8. burgman macrumors 65816

burgman

It's called triage, happens in most busy businesses that are efficient. That people are happy and smiling upsets you is interesting. She had the perfect no appointment quick resolution problem.

9. ceva321 macrumors 6502

ceva321

Next time bring a big breasted attractive girl with you in a tight sweater, you will get the VIP treatment

10. rainafterthesun macrumors 6502

rainafterthesun

This could have been anywhere but honestly some stuff is misconception.

My friend is hot & stacked and still had to wait for a walk in. She just chose to leave her number and do other stuff until she got the text back.

I'm decent but my issue wasn't as severe. They got someone to help me in ten and I was out in five for a total of 15 mins.

Unless she had the same issue as you, it's hard to say.

Also for where he went to her first...he was probably super busy with trying to down the line that he didn't notice if you or her was first. He may have been a bit fast between asking whose next and asking the person closest to him what's up (hot girl knew how to slyly cut in line) but you could have interrupted and said "hey, I was next" but you were probably too enamored with her looks or intimidated by her hotness to interject...so you had a indirect part in letting hot folks know they can coast by life or get away with stuff like this.

11. foxconn Suspended

It happens all the time unfortunately. I treat everyone equally because that's the type of person that I am. What's funny is when they don't get their way because of their looks and throw temper tantrums.

12. beernut macrumors 6502

There may be 2 reasons:

-She made an appt during the time you were in Apple store for 3+ hours and got lucky to get a time slot before you (maybe someone cancelled their appt and she got that time)

-she's hot

13. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Nothing new here op. I assure you Apple does not have a Help Pretty Women First Policy.

14. blacksurfer macrumors regular

the problem might be you: you were next and he attended to her first. Both were rude and you allowed it.

I'll let someone in a rush go ahead at McDonald's but not in an Apple Store

15. hollowplayer macrumors regular

hotties get special treatment everywhere not only in an apple store

16. rijc99 macrumors 6502a

rijc99

Yep, hot girls generally get more attention. Nothing new.

17. ephemeralreason macrumors regular

ephemeralreason

18. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

19. Stevessvt macrumors 6502

Right? Everyone knows the earth is actually an oblate spheroid.

20. C DM macrumors Westmere

Well, not a perfect sphere or anything, but still round as far as general description of its shape.

21. ag29 macrumors 6502

22. fiveainone macrumors 6502a

That's your thing right there for not speaking up. This happened to me twice as there are just so many people, and the lines sometimes aren't very clear. The last time an older gentlemen was next to me, and red iPad guy said who's next and was about to speak to him. I spoke up and said I was in line first, and the gentleman immediately said yeah he was next.

You shy'd out and let her go first. You also strayed from the waiting area next to the red iPad guy. Sometimes when things free up, and he sees someone still waiting, he'll see who's at the waiting area. One time I waited there and he literally forgot about me, but saw me again and immediately had someone help me. The girl was probably the same. I wasn't there so I can't say for sure, but you're also correct, hot girl gets things done.