PSA: If you do Hold for Pick with UPS, make sure you bring ID and proof of address.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by LiemTa, Apr 24, 2015.

1. LiemTa, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015

LiemTa macrumors 6502

For instance, if you're a college student living away from home at an apartment or a dorm, that address will not match the one on your driver's license. Bring a bill or mail that shows you live there. Apple was strict with UPS to make sure this is the case before handing out Watches. Of course, YMMV with different UPS hubs.

2. northofnowhere macrumors member

I showed my passport and had no issue. I didn't have nor was asked for anything with my address on it when I picked up my watches this morning.

3. CarloVonSexron macrumors member

I showed my Nebraska license in California and didn't get questioned, but I brought along my local utility statement just in case.

I think their website says that if your ID address doesn't match but the name does, you need to give them the tracking number, but they didn't say anything when I picked mine up.

Also I walked in about 5 minutes after getting the "ready for pickup" notice and the guy at the counter asked if I was there for the Watch :)

4. akonikui macrumors regular

I gave them my ID, which has my old address. Old Address didn't match the delivery address and they needed more.
    I had to dig my car registration out of my glovebox so I had something with my current address on it.

5. LasersGoPewPew macrumors regular

LasersGoPewPew

The customer center I went to didn't even ask for my ID. I only gave them the tracking number so she could find it and then just handed it over to me. Made me think that anyone could've gotten my watch if they had the tracking...

6. alia macrumors 6502a

alia

As I said in another thread, the customer center near downtown Orlando will not let you pick up without proof of identity and address. One guy went ballistic last year during the iPhone 6 launch when he couldn't get his partner's iPhone 6 because he didn't have proper ID. Held up the whole line waiting for a manager who totally didn't care.

7. Mark2series macrumors newbie

The guy at my local UPS did not even check my ID. It was kind of scary.

8. slpslee1 macrumors member

The hub lost mine, so they were pretty liberal. By the time they found it 40 minutes later, they never bothered to look at my license at all. Since the UPS truck takes its sweet time getting to this subdivision, I still came out ahead by about 8 hours.

9. whatos macrumors 6502a

The local depot holds a hard line on these requirements.