PSA: Make sure you check your AppleCare+ Warranty status on S1 & S2!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Tony_YYZ, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Tony_YYZ macrumors member

I ordered a Series 2 watch when pre-orders went live and a Series 1 a few days later. I purchased AppleCare+ at the same time with both. I received my S1 on Sept 16 and have been using it. My S2 is scheduled for delivery this week. I received an e-mail from Apple saying my AppleCare+ has been registered on my S2 but received no such confirmation for my S1.

I called support last night and they acknowledged that the AppleCare+ warranty registration for my S1 was never processed and they had to manually intervene to get it done. So this is just a PSA to ensure that if you purchased AppleCare+ to ensure that it is indeed registered properly against all of your devices.

Cheers.

2. noteple macrumors 65816

noteple

That why they are sending out confirmation in the way of an email certificate.
    Remember to keep a copy of the invoice also.

3. greenhut macrumors member

I havent received the certificate yet (just purchased yesterday), but checked bad on serial at the following link and it was registered:

https://checkcoverage.apple.com/

4. Seb Hughes macrumors member

Glad I came across this post. I bought my watch in store and bought AppleCare with it, just checked and its showing as
    Eligible for AppleCare+!!