PSA: Target won't sell early upgrade or device only phones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Apfpilot, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Apfpilot macrumors regular

I am due for an early upgrade and I checked the in-store inventory on their website and saw they had the phone I wanted in stock. Went in as soon as they opened at 8 only to find out that the mobile department doesn't open until 12. Go back at 12 and ask for the phone. The guys says sure we have that in stock are you due for an upgrade? I told him that I was due an early upgrade and he replied, "sorry can't sell you one" I asked about device only and he shot that down too.

Waste of time.

2. Loqui1286 macrumors newbie

That really sucks, but target is within it's right to refuse sale to anyone. I'm sure it wasn't anything personal. He probably didn't know how to do the early upgrade procedure or just wasn't in the mood to do it. Who knows.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

4. Apfpilot thread starter macrumors regular

This was in Fishers IN. I can't find that published anywhere on their website so it is hard to tell if it is policy or what. I know that when I worked at a Radio Shack (worst job ever) some of the "policies" were from the manager not corporate and were shady as hell.

5. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

LOL - same EXACT thing happened to me. Got up early on the weekend to get there at 8:00, only to find out the Mobile division won't get in until 11:30. I don't get why it has its own special hours or why it wasn't listed on the website.

Either way, I didn't bother coming back after I left the store at 8:30.