PSP 1000 for £65 - a good buy?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by mateus, Mar 25, 2010.

1. mateus macrumors member

mateus

Hi all,

I'm after some simple advice. A friend is selling their PSP for £65. It's hardly been used (they still have the box, leads, etc) and is in excellent condition but it's the original 1000 model.

I feel £65 is perhaps a little too much for a 5 year old PSP and it comes with no games (wants to sell them separately).

What do you think? :confused:

Cheers,
    Mateus

2. Miharu macrumors 6502

Miharu

That's a high price especially since it's the first model without any extras. Pay 50 at most.

3. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

It's worth more than the newer ones because of homebrew/piracy potential. I don't know how much it's worth, but that doesn't seem hugely high.

4. mateus thread starter macrumors member

mateus

Thanks for the advice, interesting about homebrew idea too. I'll offer £50 & see what he says. I guess at that price i could sell it on eBay later without losing out too much.
    Cheers,
    M.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

£50 at the most. I'd probably go for £40 considering it's age. On eBay or at a good second hand shop a PSP-2000 can be bought for around £75. Bear in mind the 1000 model has half the memory of the 2000+, it's heavier and the display isn't as good. It also can't charge and use wifi at the same time (weird huh!).

Great system though. I've got around 20-odd games and they're all brilliant, homebrew is useful too for emulators. Portable Mario World and Sonic 1-3!

6. mateus thread starter macrumors member

mateus

I offered £50 but my friend wouldn't bite so I told him to sell it to someone else.

Thanks for you help, sounds like I nearly bought a dud.

M.

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I dunno, it depends on if it came with a memory card and how big it is or if its already got a modded firmware installed.

8. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

65 pound could have been a fair price.

Those older PSP-1000s have a lot of value for a 5 year old piece of consumer gaming equipment due to their hackability/modability.