'Psychologically scarred' millennials

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Jun 6, 2017.

1. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

well, let's dig a bit further.
    have at it millenials. make the smarter decisions.

2. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I'm not a millennial but I won't pay full price for virtually anything anymore.

3. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

millennials making smarter decisions than their parents would be a good thing

4. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Well, my offspring millennials seem to like paying full price for things, with Bank-o-Dad money. Actually, I don't mind as long as they get good value for the money, and they generally do. Eagerly awaiting the day, though, when they're financially independent.

5. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

exactly why I posted it, of course the article seems to imply millennials are the downfall for some CO's who are not adapting well , that happens to be their problem.

6. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Yea...it's not my job to keep antiquated businesses alive. Adapt or die.

7. darksithpro macrumors regular

With access to the internet at their fingertips it makes sense not to pay full price for anything anymore. Whenever my friends and I go to a brick and mortar stores to buy something we always price match with Amazon. Lately, most of the stores will price match, instead of being just a showroom.

8. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

9. samcraig macrumors P6

I know that I love going to Applebees SO much more than a local non-chain restaurant. And if I can find something more expensive, I always buy it there instead of looking for a deal.

Oh - and I'm no millennial

10. darksithpro macrumors regular

It's a good thing. That just means prices will be even more competitive.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 6, 2017 ---
    Of course Applebees is so boring. Why not go to Hooters, or Twin Peaks. :D;) The scenery much better there..

11. bodonnell202 macrumors 6502a

bodonnell202

Typical whining from businesses who don't know how to adapt and want to desperately hold onto the past. Change is inevitable and businesses that don't adapt won't be around very long to whine about millennials.

12. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

13. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

I have NEVER been to hooters and there are plenty here, food there sucks for what I have been told , they all seem to go just for the scenery.

14. TheHateMachine macrumors 6502a

TheHateMachine

Seeing Buffalo Wild Wings struggle makes me sad because I like to go there from time to time and would miss the chain if they disappeared. The rest of those restaurants can go to hell though.

I am a millennial.

To me however, it has less to do about the reasons this article listed and more to do with the fact that these chains are serving up what amounts to a plate of microwave dinner food for $15 bucks.

As for the other stuff. I will say that I own a house, two vehicles and invest heavily. I guess some of us buck the trend.

15. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I actually like their boneless wings and shrimp. But it has been hit or miss depending on which one I have gone to.

Applebees is horrible food IMHO. I have eaten there once and that was enough. Buffalo Wild Wings, is just ok. I actually like their sauces and buy them for my wings at home which I like better. BBW is fun to be at during football season, other than that, no connection to them. There are few local spots that are far better than both of these places put together. I don't mind chain restaurants when they are good, which to me seems to be getting smaller and smaller.

I have had far more luck and a lot better customer service with Amazon.com than Wal-Mart.com.

16. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

Millennials are saddled enormous amounts of student debt and entered the real world during the worst financial crisis since the Depression. Much different environment than postwar economic boom.

17. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Who wants to over pay for a Sysco meal when you can go to Mom and Pop diners on the cheap?

18. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Just a heads up, but the oldest current Millennial is 37 years old. The Millennials Generation/Generation Y began in 1980, after the tail end of Generation X. which came after the Boomer Generation. POTUS and Clinton are of the Silent Generation.

Generation Z began in the mid to late 1990s and there's yet to be a decided end date for this generation. I often see people blaming Millennials for stuff when they're not old enough to be a Generation X-er and so on, even incorrectly labeling Generation Z as Millennials.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 6, 2017 ---
    I think it's a dumb move.

19. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

If crud restaurant chains are going to die off it may be partly to the food they serve and the often times bad staff on hand.
    Then the other IF.
    If people were hit extremely hard during that recession there is a chance quite a few people are trying to live outside of their means. We live in the land of the thousand dollar millionaires.

20. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Making 6 figures and can't afford a house without being irresponsible or living hours from the place I work. Damn millennials.

21. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Isn't T.Dot incredibly pricey for regular old locals, though? Or Vancouver. I wonder how much of the gentrification issue in T.Dot is a result of foreign (see:Chinese) investment versus natural appreciation of realty and land values.

You also need to take into account that one could theoretically make $120,000/year in a city in California outside of the Bay Area, but unless you want to live severely inland or an area with high criminal activity, you're going to see houses going for at least 800-900K for a fixer upper, and probably spend at least 1.1-1.5M on a good house built within the last fifty years.

22. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

Come on, you're going to line up for the new home pod on release day!! /s

23. Zenithal macrumors 68040

If Home Pod is powered by Siri, I hope he isn't.

24. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

I think most people in PRSI are smart enough not to buy it, no matter if you are left or right or at the very least, not at full price!!!

25. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

**** no. I think I'm done with Apple.