Public University To Hold Racially-Segregated ‘Social Justice Retreats’

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by cfedu, Jan 2, 2016.

1. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

http://dailycaller.com/2015/12/31/p...-racially-segregated-social-justice-retreats/

2. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

Awesome way to continue the separation of people by making some feel guilty for the color of their skin and others feel victimized by their race. Freaking morons

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, just more idiocy spewing from universities.

4. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

I know right. Segregation was so 60 years ago. White Privledge doesn't exist and hasn't existed since segregation ended. At this point America doesn't have a racial problem it has a PC problem.

5. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Higher learning!

No wonder Google and Microsoft have CEO's from India.

6. b0fh666 macrumors 6502a

b0fh666

yes. this speaks volumes. america is over, sadly, killed by those idiots.

7. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

We will still be a powerful nation, with lots of imported intellect that spent more time in school learning than pandering.

The real joke is with what school costs, I would be livid at how much of my loan goes toward these types of classes, when students would often be better off learning to apply their trade in a practical sense in the real world.

8. b0fh666 macrumors 6502a

b0fh666

i would simply quit my university and ask for a full refund if it did something like this :-D

9. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

The challenge will be many states have MANDATORY "diversity" requirements. You aren't graduating unless you get indoctrinated with PC garbage...

10. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Bravo. The stupid is strong on campuses these days.

11. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Welcome to ConservaWorld 2016. A terrifying apocalypse brought about because a university offers a few optional discussion workshops to some of its faculty.

12. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

What do you expect when you are making people feel bad about being white while the brown folks are decimating the numbers. Pretty soon white people will be the minority and it is high time we fight back to make sure that doesn't happen. Am I doing it right?

13. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

How are you going to do that? Breed faster?

14. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Sure hope those non-whites treat you better than you treated them.

15. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

Not faster. Just more in general.

16. citizenzen macrumors 65816

More breeding? Seriously, is that your plan?

17. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

Yeah, I am not counting on it.
    How else are minorities supposed to be discouraged from reproducing without it being overt.

18. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

I am also sad that none of the original posters are jumping in, I mean they were pretty clear with their posts saying diversity classes are stupid.

19. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Why should minorities be "discouraged" at all?

20. b0fh666 macrumors 6502a

b0fh666

seems to be working well for them kebabs so far.

21. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Well, that was quick.

A tedious (and somewhat laughable) whine about academic political correctness opens the door to a glimpse of the full-on race hatred and paranoia underlying modern US conservatism.

Lovely.

22. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I am not in Oregon, but I am a lecturer in a UK university. Our institution struggles with diversity, not so much because it is not wanted, but because we haven't been able so far to make everybody feel comfortable attending our university. One of our most promising doctoral students admitted to me that they felt like an imposter because they were from a minority and were poor. This is from a student who is cherished by staff because of their intellectual capabilities and drive, and yet they feel this way. Clearly were are doing something wrong, perhaps sending the wrong message. Frankly, I do attend training events similar to the one described in OP's post (they're called 'diversity' events here), mostly with the idea of making everybody feel comfortable in our community. I must admit these sessions are not limited to one ethnic group (besides, who could define who is 'white' anyway?), but if the aim of the sessions is to reduce tensions and to make the academic community more welcoming, then so be it.

23. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Maybe they'd be served better by a basic biology class that teaches them about the species "homo sapien" and how artificially separating the species into groups based on arbitrary levels of melanin is flat out retarded.

The entire construct of "race" is one for the feeble minded.

24. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Explain without racism the following:
    • Why the only white person who works at the Empire State Building is the manager.
    • Why the residences on the Upper East Side with a white doorman look posher than those with a black doorman.
    • Why you can be the only white person on the Subway if you get the A-train from the airport.
    • Why this open-carry video on Youtube goes like it does.
    • Why this video on stealing bikes focuses far more on the black thief than the white thief.

25. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

What's a kebab?