Pulled the trigger on a £169 Iphone!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AFKMatrix, Apr 17, 2008.

1. AFKMatrix macrumors member

Well I finally did it!! I have a touch so know I like the Os/touchscreen and I was fed up with having both a phone & a touch. And for the that price I could'nt resist. I also didn't want to be a guinea pig for the new iPhone, will wait a month to see what happens.

Right of to setup me phone and try and sell my Touch!

2. Phatzer macrumors regular

Phatzer

GZ

3. AdamWhite macrumors newbie

I don't think ....

I highly doubt anyone is going to be a guinnea pig for the new iPhone. If it's true they're releasing 200,000 in may and 2 MILLION in June, I would have to believe they did their share of testing to ensure the new version works as advertised. Apple has had a very finely tuned product line for years and this is going to be one of its biggest launches. I suspect their financials may also go through the roof with the release of this new model.

http://www.3GiPhoneInfo.com

4. AFKMatrix thread starter macrumors member

I too am hopeful it all goes well but i rember the issues with the iPod touch screens! I am in no rush for 3 G as my work has WiFi. I will leave it for a month and see what people think of it. Saying that there is no 100% proof its coming in June so I am happy. Just going to pwnage it now :)

5. Peruvian macrumors regular

Peruvian

After saying to myself for a long time, i'll wait for the new model. Wat happens - I go and buy an iphone at the discounted price 2 days ago..
    Unlocked it for my orange sim and now all i gotta do is add a unlimited data plan to my tariff which is 8£ i think...

6. WhiteNoiseMaker macrumors regular

WhiteNoiseMaker

I was planning to wait until the 3G version came out with 32GB, but in a way i'm glad i didn't. I can't even get EDGE never mind 3G in my home town/area!

If i bought the 3G version i would have signed-up for the iPhone contract. I'm paying £15 pm on O2's SIMplicity and i'll see how the first couple of months go with my internet usage. If i use more than £7.50 i'll get the unlimited web bolt-on and still make an excellent saving!

7. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

i sold mine last week for £230 and couldnt handle the price drop and went n brought one 2day! got an iphoone bag too haha the original one i had was shipped over from usa :-D ziphoned it and its happy :-D on voda

8. sananda macrumors 68020

i also sold mine last week. i got £220. prior to the price drop, i heard on the grapevine that it was imminent. so i decided to sell before the value of mine dropped and wait for 3G. but i don't like being without it!! i might end up buying one of the £160 ones. but then i won't have much cash for 3G in june. i don't know what to do!!