Pulled the trigger on a £169 Iphone!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AFKMatrix, Apr 17, 2008.

  1. AFKMatrix macrumors member

    Jun 15, 2007
    Well I finally did it!! I have a touch so know I like the Os/touchscreen and I was fed up with having both a phone & a touch. And for the that price I could'nt resist. I also didn't want to be a guinea pig for the new iPhone, will wait a month to see what happens.

    Right of to setup me phone and try and sell my Touch!
  2. Phatzer macrumors regular


    Nov 3, 2007
  3. AdamWhite macrumors newbie

    Apr 18, 2008
    I don't think ....

    I highly doubt anyone is going to be a guinnea pig for the new iPhone. If it's true they're releasing 200,000 in may and 2 MILLION in June, I would have to believe they did their share of testing to ensure the new version works as advertised. Apple has had a very finely tuned product line for years and this is going to be one of its biggest launches. I suspect their financials may also go through the roof with the release of this new model.

  4. AFKMatrix thread starter macrumors member

    Jun 15, 2007
    I too am hopeful it all goes well but i rember the issues with the iPod touch screens! I am in no rush for 3 G as my work has WiFi. I will leave it for a month and see what people think of it. Saying that there is no 100% proof its coming in June so I am happy. Just going to pwnage it now :)
  5. Peruvian macrumors regular


    Jun 10, 2006
    After saying to myself for a long time, i'll wait for the new model. Wat happens - I go and buy an iphone at the discounted price 2 days ago..
    Unlocked it for my orange sim and now all i gotta do is add a unlimited data plan to my tariff which is 8£ i think...
  6. WhiteNoiseMaker macrumors regular


    Apr 22, 2007
    I was planning to wait until the 3G version came out with 32GB, but in a way i'm glad i didn't. I can't even get EDGE never mind 3G in my home town/area!

    If i bought the 3G version i would have signed-up for the iPhone contract. I'm paying £15 pm on O2's SIMplicity and i'll see how the first couple of months go with my internet usage. If i use more than £7.50 i'll get the unlimited web bolt-on and still make an excellent saving!
  7. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

    Sep 21, 2007
    i sold mine last week for £230 and couldnt handle the price drop and went n brought one 2day! got an iphoone bag too haha the original one i had was shipped over from usa :-D ziphoned it and its happy :-D on voda
  8. sananda macrumors 68020

    May 24, 2007
    i also sold mine last week. i got £220. prior to the price drop, i heard on the grapevine that it was imminent. so i decided to sell before the value of mine dropped and wait for 3G. but i don't like being without it!! i might end up buying one of the £160 ones. but then i won't have much cash for 3G in june. i don't know what to do!!

Share This Page