Pulling iPad 1 out of Apple case appears to have damaged it?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by carlyinoz, Mar 17, 2011.

1. carlyinoz macrumors member

So I've just pulled my iPad out of the Apple case ready to box it up and post to its new owner... has anyone else found they're really tight to pull out? Anyway I gripped it pretty tightly and was able to wiggle it now but now when you squeeze one of the sides of the iPad it makes a squeaking sound :( :( :(

I have NEVER noticed this until today... I had the iPad in and out a couple of times when I was photographing it in the different cases before I put it on eBay and would definitely noticed it then if it existed.

This iPad has to go out tomorrow... what to do what to do? Refund the guy his money and take it to the Apple store? It's under warranty until January. This is my first eBay sale and I don't want negative feedback :(

2. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

Contact the buyer, tell him what happened. Communication with the buyer is a very important part of getting good feed back. Ask what the buyer wants to do, offer I large discount maybe.

3. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

Agreed communication here is key. Let the buyer know what's going on and let them decide what they want to do.

On the subject I noticed after using an iPhone bumper for a couple of months it really scuffed the sides of my iPhone 4 up. Not impressed with Apple Cases, I haven't had one that's been any good. Maybe the smart cover will improve things.

4. carlyinoz thread starter macrumors member

Good advice... just replied with three suggestions... either I take it back, he takes it back or I refund his money. I just can't believe it, the iPad was 100% perfect up til now :(