Pulling photos and applications off my other Mac. Cant get photos off iphoto. Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nikiwantsadane, Oct 10, 2011.

1. nikiwantsadane macrumors newbie

I have one Mac that won't turn on past the white startup screen. I connected our working Mac to it via FireWire to pull our not-yet-backed-up photos and applications off the computer to save on the working computer and then onto an external harddrive.

I can access a lot of files, but cannot see how to see the photos stored in iPhoto, or the applications. Is there somewhere I should be looking that I'm not seeing? Also, some of the files won't transfer, saying error code -36. Please help!

2. AmbiguousNinja macrumors regular

AmbiguousNinja

To see the photos in your iPhoto and pull them out, right click the iPhoto Library, select "Show Package Contents" then click "Masters" and keep clicking the folders until you hit the photos!

3. nikiwantsadane thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, thank you!

Dilemma...I turned off the working computer to eat dinner and when I came back and turned it on again, I'm getting stuck at the startup screen on this computer too! Any idea why this would happen with both computers?! They are 3 years old and 4 years old, white MacBooks. The previously working MacBook did this a few weeks ago, but turned back on fine after letting it sit for a day.