Punched a bed at full force with Apple Watch on could it be damaged inside?

Barcafan89

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 23, 2015
England
I suffer with ADHD and i was having an anger out burst my watch almost fell off will it be ok because I was hitting the bed pretty hard

iPhysicist

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
Dresden
I suffer with ADHD and i was having an anger out burst my watch almost fell off will it be ok because I was hitting the bed pretty hard

You can be sure that if the outside of the watch is undamaged the innards are most certainly unharmed too.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Actually extreme G-forces can damage the accelerometer/gyroscope.

While true, punching a soft bed most certainly doesn't induce a greater G-force compared to a judoka slapping on a firm mat while wearing the AW after a throw. One of Apple's AW commercials actually shows this and I had to laugh because no real judo/jujitsu instructors would allow their students to wear a watch during practice for safety reasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: nicho

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
While true, punching a soft bed most certainly doesn't induce a greater G-force compared to a judoka slapping on a firm mat while wearing the AW after a throw. One of Apple's AW commercials actually show this and I had to laugh because no real judo/jujitsu instructors would allow their students to wear a watch during practice for safety reasons.
I thought the OP might be hitting the headboard.:D

Donoban

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2013

A watch can be replaced, a broken hard, wrist, etc could affect you for the rest of your life. Take care of yourself first and your watch will be ok.

Reactions: L.C.W.

NavySEAL6

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2006
This is making me think, does anyone actually box with the watch? Can I use it to track a heavy bag work out? I always kind of worried the force is too much.

NavySEAL6

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2006
Well I'm definitely a novice but I can throw a fairly hard punch and I worry something inside the watch will rattle or break.

Anyone have any experience with punching bags?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.