Punk Singer Deported from US for impersonating Trump.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by sim667, Aug 3, 2017.

1. sim667 macrumors 65816

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/artic...d-from-america-for-impersonating-donald-trump

Snowflake Trump strikes again.

2. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

3. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Actually he looks more like a Boris Johnson impersonator.

4. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

I don't see the resemblance. His hands are much YUGE'r:
    [​IMG]

Could be the drinking and the center stage attention of course. ^_^

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I thought the US had “FREEDOM”? That doesn’t look particularly free to me.

6. Raid, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017

Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

The reasons for deportation can be very, very broad. In "free" countries politics isn't really one of them (unless your "politics" promote harm to an individual or group). The details are quite incomplete in this case, the precise reasons for his deportation wasn't mentioned ... not that it would help much.

<edit> So reasons for deportation were given in the link but not the quote... this is why you should always look at all the info before posting. </edit>

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

don't like it? don't come here :D

8. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

9. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

So all that's need to be considered a Trump impersonation is a suit, beer gut and a bad hair cut?:confused:

Hail, that's me at a wedding.o_O That's it. I'm telling the Missus to refuse all wedding invites until Trump is out of office.;):D

10. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

I mean not to defend Trump but I kinda agree, the impersonation is horrible. lol. BAD BAD BAD, SAD.

11. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I just hope the UK can return the favour to Trump when he next tries to visit here.

12. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

wasn't trump banned?

13. zin macrumors 6502

FAKE news title.

14. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I think there was a motion in the UK Parliament to that effect, but it was not passed. I do know that whenever Trump has visited Scotland people protest vigorously. The thing is, people here hate him for what he's been doing in Scotland with his Aberdeenshire golf course in addition to events in the US. Even Alex Salmond, the Scottish Nationalist Party ex-leader, who puckered up for Trump and kissed his arse, now states that Trump is 'a complete and utter nincompoop'.

EDIT: Another choice quote by Salmond about Triump: 'The Grand Canyon is a minor crevice compared to the vast chasm of ignorance of that man...' (source).

15. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Well yes, the operative word in the original BBC article is "British punk singer claims he was deported from America 'for impersonating Donald Trump'". The US claim of an improper visa for entry (considering he was coming in to perform) can be easily verified (if the BBC chooses to investigate the matter further). So yeah this guy's story is sounding worse with each peek into it.

16. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

With a British Passport you do not need a visa to visit the US.

17. vrDrew, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017

vrDrew macrumors 65816

I hate to be nit-picky, but the BBC got it wrong.

This punk singer wasn't deported. He was denied entry.

There is an important difference. Pretty much every country on earth reserves the right to deny entry to non-citizens and non-permanent residents. The reasons can range from having a criminal record of some sort - plenty of Americans get denied entry into Canada for having a conviction for marijuana possession or DUI. - to being deemed a threat public safety.

Deported is a different process altogether. That is a non-citizen who is actually inside the country (either legally or illegally) going before a Judge and ordered out of the country, after being apprehended by Federal law enforcement officers. Usually the criteria for deportation are more precisely defined, such as committing a crime, over-staying a visa, working illegally, etc.

While it is true that UK citizens do not need a visa to visit the United States, they do need a visa to come here and work. British and European musical groups planning on touring the US need to apply for the appropriate P- 1 (entertainment group) visa. The terms of this visa usually limit one's stay to a specific period of time linked to scheduled performances.

Obviously, there is a fair amount of discretion given to Immigration Officers. If you are a folk violin player, making a tour of coffee houses and historical renactment sites, and you show up at the immigration desk wearing normal clothes - chances are the IO isn't going to notice the fiddle in your checked luggage. But if you show up wearing outlandish clothes and sporting an attitude - the officer may very well decide to do some Googling on you before letting you in. Which is why this guy was presented with a picture of him in Trump-drag.

He wasn't denied entry for dressing up like Trump in Germany. He was denied entry for not having the right visa.

Apparently, the Trump Administration is fulfilling its mission of protecting the jobs of American punk musicians. Which you can't really blame them for.

18. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

I think it's more nit-picky that that. AFAIK if a person is deemed inadmissible by an officer the visitor may proceed with an application to withdraw admission to the country. If the visitor refuses the officer will proceed with deportation.

19. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Fake. Where is the bucket of KFC???

20. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Nope. A VISA waiver applicant is for TOURISM only, not to enter for paid work.

21. sim667 thread starter macrumors 65816

Nope. The was a petition raised and was rejected in Parliament.

Trump hasn't come here because he knows he'll just face non stop protests.

22. Number-Six macrumors 6502

Number-Six

The owners of the country sold freedom a long time ago.

One of them needed a gold toothbrush :D

23. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

I guess we draw the line at British punk singers :).

24. daflake macrumors 6502a

25. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

As I just found out yesterday it's a bit tough for for people to even fly to the US it took two supervisors and a phone call for me to leave Amsterdam yesterday