Purchase a 5c until my 5s comes?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Appl3FTW, Oct 12, 2013.

?

What do you think of 5c purchase and refund when 5s arrives?

1. Do it, I think it's a good idea just return when your 5s arrives

10 vote(s)
    7.6%
  2. Do it, I think Apple deserve it and should provide loaner iphones

2 vote(s)
    1.5%
  3. Don't do it, just wait for the 5s

68 vote(s)
    51.9%
  4. Don't do it, plainly because its wrong

48 vote(s)
    36.6%
  5. Do whatever, either or is cool

3 vote(s)
    2.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

I have a 5 now. I thought about purchasing a 5c unlocked to play around with until my 5s arrives. then i'll return the 5c within the 30 day period.

I know it sounds a bit rude and wrong. i don't want to sound entitled or whatnot but im tired of waiting for the 5s Nov1 shipdate? i feel like apple dropped the ball on us giving the same shipping date to the people who ordered it just now. that's just wrong. i think apple should provide "loaner iphones" in these backordered cases. so in that regards, i'll consider the 5c purchase to be refunded as a loaner. it's like when you get your vehicle serviced, they provide you a loaner to hold you off. what do you guys think?

2. UserName macrumors member

3. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

yea but apple should've been prepared.. don't get me wrong, I've done this release day orders, with my previous iphones and this is the worst!

4. apple beautiful macrumors newbie

If you get the 5c... you won't want the 5s anymore.

By the time the 5s comes out, it will be too late. The 6 is right around the corner.

5. Charadis macrumors 6502a

There are lots of iPhone 5c in stock that no one wants. You'd be doing Apple a favor by trying one out to see how you like it. You might find that you prefer it, or just further strengthen your choice in buying the 5s later. A lot of commercials advertise "money back guarantee," and "if you're not satisfied in x days, just return for a full refund no questions asked...we'll even pay for the return shipping!" I see the 5c being one of these products, where Apple wants people to give it a chance...you might have a change in heart on the plastic back, and if more people gave it a chance, it could be promising. Besides, what have you got to lose?? I vote yes, try it out. ;) Sent from my iPad.

6. Jamesesesesess macrumors 6502a

If you wanted it sooner you should've ordered right away or waited in line. It isn't Apple's fault the 5s is in high demand. Now that they have fingerprint scanners it isn't as easy to keep up with demand.

Why would you even want a 5c if you have a 5? It's basically exactly the same as the 5 except it has a plastic shell which is a downgrade in the eyes of most people. I don't see what you would gain by using one until your 5s comes.

I don't want to be one of "those guys" who takes Apple's side on everything but I've been waiting patiently for my 5s and it's supposed to ship out on Monday. If you just hold off it'll be an easier process.

7. DcGamer05 macrumors regular

DcGamer05

My friend bough the 5c instead of the 5s, and he spent everyday after he bought it looking for a 5s until he found one in 32GB, and then immediately returned the 5c.. so no dont buy it especially if you already want the 5s

8. scottish macrumors 6502a

Agree with you except it is Apple's fault for not realising the 5s would be in high demand and choosing a more appropriate launch date.

----------

Difference is, the OP has already bought the 5s.

9. apple beautiful macrumors newbie

Actually the 5c is way better. The 5s is the one that's the same.

In fact they took all the stock of 5's refurbished them into the 5s, by just adding new chips and button.

10. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Actually I think it's the opposite. They refurbished the internals of a bunch of 5's and put it in a new plastic case.

11. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

Let me ask you something: What's the difference between the iPhone 5 and the 5c?

12. apple beautiful, Oct 12, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2013

apple beautiful macrumors newbie

My iPhone 5 was scratched up when I traded it in. No matter how many times you replace the iPhone 5, it keeps getting scratched and it also runs hot.

So I just got the 5c.

13. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p

Maybe it's just me but it just makes me think Apple should quit their over-generous return policy. Maybe if some people didn't go through multiple phones just because they can't decide which colour or size they want, or buy one fully intending to use and return it, there would be more stock. And a slightly lower price, since the majority who don't try to game the system are subsidising the minority who do. And just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. But hey, do what you want. It's Apple's fault after all.

14. Jamesesesesess macrumors 6502a

I agree, they should've either started manufacturing sooner or held off the launch 2-3 weeks.

15. MPclk2006 macrumors regular

I dont mean to be rude but it does sound alittle "entitled" but hey you paid for it and you worked for your money so do what you want, I dont see what the hype is about the 5C, if I was waiting for a 5S (which im not, there is nothing "great" about it compared to the 5), I would just use my iphone 5 until I got my 5S. The only time I agree with you about the "loaner" would be if yours broke (no fault of your own) and they took it to get repaired then yes they should give you a loaner (they actually did that for me with the first iphone because it overheated so much once, they mailed me a loaner until they could fix or replace mine), but just because you upgraded you should not get a "loaner".

16. neoelectronaut macrumors 68030

neoelectronaut

Why would you buy a 5c if you already have a 5 it's 95% the same phone.

17. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Why? To placate the lazy people who didn't want an early morning?

I had my 5s just after 8am on launch day, as did millions of other customers.

Why should they have to do without to make others who couldn't be bothered queuing or staying up late to order happy?

18. taedouni macrumors 65816

It doesn't sound rude. It's Apple's policy after all. It exists to give people a chance to try it out. Even if you return it, at least you would have tried it and would be able to give people an honest opinion on it.

----------

No offense but a lot of people have responsibilities that prevent them from waiting in in line for a phone.

19. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

5 is fine, I just feel like I want a new phone and them not able to provide me for 5s is WRONG. as a company, you should have something to sell right? how can you sell without the actual item. I love apple and I am loyal, I bought every iphone release since the 4 and bought 3GS and old 1st gen on ebay to complete my collection. BUT, I feel like this time around it's a lil out of hand. a month and 2 weeks worth of wait? SERIOUSLY? part of me is proud of them because I like their phones and part of me HATES the wait and hope people would cancel so they can feel the pinch from frustrated/angry customers and learn their lesson next release so it won't happen again.

----------

exactly, thanks.

20. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Completely understandable, there are people who refuse to put in for a days holiday or stay up till midnight (or even refuse to make a number of visits to a carrier store to get one). That is their prerogative, no one is saying they had to.

But equally, why should those who were prepared to use a days holiday and stand in a queue (or stay up to make a midnight order) have to wait an extra 2 or 3 weeks so that enough stock is built up to satisfy the less committed customers who want to order at their own convenience?

----------

Silly comment, stocks of the iPhone 5s are being delivered and sold daily.

Just because you haven't managed to get one doesn't mean Apple aren't selling them.

21. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

1. I love the iphones a millions percent. BUT i have a life, I don't have time to be waiting in line overnight
    2. they should've known about inventory and prepared for it
    3. good for you, having your shipdate on Monday is not the same as my shipdate on 10/24-10/28 isn't it?

:rolleyes:

22. apple beautiful macrumors newbie

I just bought the 5c. I mean, by the time the iPhone 5s becomes available, the iPhone 6 will be right around the corner.

The 5s is not worth the wait. And the 5c is sitting right there.

23. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

how about they don't supply enough to sell and get in the hands of the consumers. great customer service huh, is that better?

24. apple beautiful macrumors newbie

When I first heard that they were coming out with two iPhones, I thought you'd just be able to walk into the store and pick either one.

But now that there are no 5s's the choice is much easier.

The thing is, there were never any 5s's. Have you ever heard of a store only getting 10? That's crazy.

That's not even enough for me to exchange just in case I had a problem with mine.

Most stores got not one gold 5s.

25. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

3 separate factories producing it, millions sold in one weekend.

Exactly how many millions did you want stockpiled or how many extra factory production lines did you want Apple to commission?

And then, when demand wasn't up to the limits that has happened, who would be explaining to the shareholders why they have lost a $billions having factories standing idle?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.