Purchase iphone I dont know its firmware Can it still be unlocked and jailbroken?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lo0k1, Sep 30, 2008.

1. lo0k1 macrumors newbie

Hey,

I recently received a iphone from my buddy, he initially had a service plan with it. When he gave it to me it was locked.. he also told me that he did a master reset and he believes its V1.0 but i have no idea of telling how.... and he is currently deployed in Turkmenistan. I am trying to unlock and jailbreak the phone. Any help would be great.

2. iblastoff macrumors 6502

what a completely vague question. first of all do you have 2g or 3g? and just check your firmware version via the settings app. learn to google.

3. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

4. STC macrumors 6502a

Seriously.

5. lo0k1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't check the firmware... its locked.. Also, when i try to connect it to the pc via itunes i get a "The iphone "iphone" cannot be used with Itunes because the information required for activation could not be obtained from the iphone" "check that the SIM card is inserted in your iPhone and that it is not PIN-locked."

So i don't know where to start...... i have a 2g..

6. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

download quickpwn and follow the instructions. enjoy.

7. lo0k1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I just inserted my sim card, but "this sim card does not seem to be supported" "please insert the sim card that came with your iphone....."

8. lo0k1 thread starter macrumors newbie

9. doobi18 macrumors 6502

then download an app called BootNeuter from Cydia (on the phone) to unlock