Purchase Question (new mouse & keyboard w/ G5s?)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by macboy, Sep 2, 2003.

  1. macboy macrumors regular

    Apr 18, 2001
    Hey Guys!
    I'm going to purchase a G5 but I've been hearing a lot about new Pro Keyboards/Mice and new displays coming at Apple Paris...

    My question is... if I purchase the G5 now and it won't ship until after Paris do you think Apple would ship the new mouse & keyboard with it or would I have to purchase it extra?

    Also should I wait with purchasing a display?

  2. OutThere macrumors 603


    Dec 19, 2002
    Apple displays are in the middle of their cycle according to http://buyersguide.macrumors.com, so if you buy a display now it probably won't be updated for quite a while, since the apple LCDs have long periods between updates.:)
  3. mactastic macrumors 68040


    Apr 24, 2003
    The bluetooth mouse and keyboard are not likely to be standard equipment. It would add too much to the cost of the system, and many people don't need/don't care about a wireless solution. If you are interested in these items, wait till after Paris, and add them as a BTO option. I'm sure it will add like $50 - $100 to the overall cost.
  4. macboy thread starter macrumors regular

    Apr 18, 2001
    Hmmm... maybe I'll wait until Expo to be on the safe side before ordering...
  5. iGav macrumors G3

    Mar 9, 2002
    My black Pro Mouse died yesterday, I and just know that new Pro Keyboards are coming now because of this failure, it's called Karma and it ruins my life... :eek: :p :p

    So I've had to order one of those nasty white Pro Mouse things.... :eek: :rolleyes:

    Oh well, as soon as the new puppies are here, I'll drop the £££ and buy one, then I'll keep the white one safely locked up for a rainy day... ;) :D

Share This Page