Purchased Bumper in Apple Store 7-1, Apple.com Shows No Record Of My Purchase?!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by falconman515, Jul 25, 2010.

1. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

I made a purchase on 7-1-10 for a black bumper and paid $31.60 but when I go to the Apple.com website to check the status of my refund its shows "There is no record of a refund for the receipt number you entered."

I tried entering my receipt number plus last 4 of card and I also tried just entering the full CC number as well and get that response for both!

Just wanting to know if anyone has possibly experienced before, wanted to to see if any Macforum members have had this issue and what was the resolution to your issue? Should I just call Apple?

Are they giving refunds in store if you take in your receipt?

Thanks for the info guys, just wanted to see if anyone experienced this issue yet and what my best course of action should be. :)

2. calb macrumors 6502

You're probably best off starting by phoning Apple. That involves negligible effort. If the rep on the phone doesn't quite understand the situation, just go into a store and ask if they can show you the receipt history on apple.com.

3. spades1412 macrumors 6502

What do you expect from this forum? Call Apple!!!! Seems like an easy solution to your problem.

4. falconman515 thread starter macrumors 6502a

falconman515

I don't expect anything but recommendations, since you don't understand the concept of a forum of people who help each other with there specific questions cause of the thousands of people on here there is a good chance someone has run into the issue and may be able to help lead a member in the right direction you ass!

What this forum isn't for is reply like yours that don't do anything for anybody, if you don't have a recommendation or a suggestion then just don't reply and move on! Seems like an easy solution to your problem as well!

Thanks for the suggestion, that's probably ultimately what I will end up doing just wanted to see if anyone out there has had a similar experience as me.
    Thanks for the reply.

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I suggest you re-word your OP differently like "Has anyone experienced this before I phone Apple?," because it sounds like one of the many helpless posters who can't think for themselves.

6. falconman515 thread starter macrumors 6502a

falconman515

I didn't want it to sound like that.... thanks for the suggestion I have re-worded my question in the op.

Thanks so much

7. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I doubt store will give you refund because you paid with credit card. They only give refunds to those of people who paid in cash or store gift card. Call applecare. If you wish to get it from apple store, then I would speak with the manager.

8. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Come on people. This thread starter is probably asking for an advice. No need to be harsh. At least, this thread is not about NO WHITE IPHONE, WHY!?
    or WHY NO COLORED BUMPERS!?

9. goonie4life9 macrumors regular

I was in the exact same situation. I called Apple Customer Care, and they told me to call the store (which is what the refund status website instructs one to do if there is a question). I called the store, and the employee I talked to said to call Apple Customer Care back, because they were handling the automatic refunds. I called Apple Customer Care back and was again told to call the store.

I called the store back, and talked to another employee, who was very helpful. He told me that the best thing to do would be to come into the store with a copy of the receipt, as they could process a refund for the bumper as they would for any other product. He also left a note for his manager, to call me back. When the manager called me, she told me the whole process was new, and I should just wait through the weekend (despite Apple's website saying refunds had already been processed). Since I was going to be in the area later, I decided to go to the store. Once there, the employee took my receipt to one of the managers. After checking on Apple's website, to verify that no refund had been processed, he issued me a refund, albeit in cash (I payed with a debit card).

So, long story short, I would recommend just going to the store with a copy of your receipt, and they will be able to process your refund.

10. spades1412 macrumors 6502

This.

Your post sounds much better now that you edited it and does not sound like one of the hundreds of other topics from people who are too lazy to find answers for themselves.

BTW, I did offer a suggestion. Call Apple!!!

11. r3voLoL macrumors member

1. Call Apple (friggin obvious)
    2. Twiddle your thumbs and wait it out
    3. Wipe your ass with the receipt

Seriously OP, did you really have to ask for an opinion on this?

12. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

Just call AppleCare. If for some reason they need you to show more proof you can show them the charge on your credit card.

13. kr00k322 macrumors 6502

Funny thing is the same thing happened to me on the same date in store as well. I'm just going to call Apple tomorrow and get it taken care of.

14. Cambot macrumors regular

Do all the suggestions and then let me know.

I'm also getting this problem on the Apple site.

However, I've gotten the email notifying me that I can receive a free one to the 3 email accounts I've used with Apple.

I'd rather get the money back but I may take the free case closer to the deadline.

15. falconman515 thread starter macrumors 6502a

falconman515

Thanks for wasting 10 seconds of all of our lives to read this... Man some of you dumb asses have nothing better but to troll threads and cause problems!

Thanks so much for the info... I knew this wasnt a dumb question this guy went round and round and come to a solution and the reason I posted this is cause I was sure someone out there had the same experience and could help me out so I didnt have to round and round as well.

Thanks alot for the info guys.

And to those Trolls thanks for stopping by and wasting my time.

16. jarvijarv macrumors regular

I've had the same problem. Ordered mine on the online App Store with my iPhone 4. Went to the App Store online to find out about the bumper refund. After inputing my CC info, got the 'There is no record.....' I did notice Apple say bumpers ordered online have been refunded, BUT may take one billing cycle to see the money back in our CC's. I assume this translates as wait at least a month then, right? Lots of time until the Sept 30 deadline. :eek:

17. t0md0 macrumors newbie

Sup everyone, I'm on the same boat. I purchased my bumper from an Apple Retail store on July 13th with my check card but I usually chose "Debit".

Either way, I went on the website to check my status and there was not record as well. I tried both entering my recepit number and last 4 digits of my card as well as the option to enter my full card number and nothing... I mean what gives?!?!? If it's going to take a full billing cycle why the heck is everyone else getting refunds already? And seriously... Is it too much to ask what the actual status is? I can't even get a status.

The instructions were to visit an Apple Retail store. I called the store and they said they can't do anything if it was purchased on a card. So once again, I'm gettin the run around. a.) go on site, enter info, no record, go to store. b.) called Apple store and said the can't do anything.

So where does that leave me? To wait while it specifically said all refunds were sent back already whoever used a CC?

18. goonie4life9 macrumors regular

You're very welcome - glad I could help.

19. goonie4life9 macrumors regular

See my post above. I was told the same thing by the Retail Store (that they could not do anything). However, once I went to the store, all it took was the employee's quick chat with his manager and a check of the Status Website (which said there was no record of a refund) before I had cash in hand (although, I am not entirely sure why they could not simply refund me to my debit card).

20. falconman515 thread starter macrumors 6502a

falconman515

Maybe I will give it a shot and take it in the store and see if I can get my refund there.

21. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

i should be expecting a call from apple today regarding this. i called them sunday and they couldn't help, saying an expert will call me within 24-48hrs.