Purchasing 5S 2-3 hours after opening

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dilbaggins, Sep 18, 2013.

1. dilbaggins macrumors member

Would there be any stock left of iPhones at the Apple store after going to the store after 2-3 hours from opening?

2. marm115 macrumors newbie

Nobody knows.

3. coolio93 macrumors 6502

I doubt it. Unless maybe your going to one of the bigger stores like in NYC

4. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

Depend on the store...and I am betting that you will be lucky to get that

5. Kurso macrumors 6502

I would not count on it. There will be random stores that get more for some reason or stores that had low turnout because people didn't think to check there.

My guess is most stores will be out of stock shortly after opening, if the shortage rumors are to be believed.

6. drew0020 macrumors 65816

drew0020

I'd like to think that each Apple store will have at least 200-300 iPhone 5s in stock on the first day. They will probably have more. I have been at most iPhone launches and I have never had a problem getting the new phone at an Apple store and I got there by 10am. I'm thinking 6-7am may be necessary this year.

7. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

I've been at 2 launch days so far, 4S and 5. Both of them were different apple stores as well. Neither of them ran out of stock on the first day. I did visit an AT&T store on the 4S launch day, and they were all out before noon. I would try an apple store if you can't wait in line early.

8. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

I have been to several iPhone launches, and have never had an issue getting the phone of my choice. I know supplies are expected to be limited, but it is hard to believe that Apple would have so few phones available at launch that they are sold out without a few hours, and then have only a few available for the rest of a launch weekend.

9. drew0020 macrumors 65816

drew0020

I agree with you. At the least I hope they count the line and at least let people know so they don't waste 6-7 hours for nothing.

10. leekaifu macrumors newbie

I think so, I would try an apple store if you can't wait in line early. thanks[​IMG]

11. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If it's like any of the past launches, they'll have these little business cards that say the model, size, and color of the iPhone on them, and when they run out of cards, it means they have no more phones.

12. TAI182 macrumors regular

TAI182

This year will be the same. I was told by an Apple Store employee over the phone today that there will be vouchers for those waiting in line.

13. Mercenary macrumors 6502a

They most likely will have stock. But you will have to join the back of a very long queue and by the time you reach the front there will be no stock.

If you want to buy a launch day iPhone in the store you will need to get up very early and join a queue.

14. EJenk25 macrumors newbie