Purchasing 5s off contract (Verizon)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Arkados, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Arkados macrumors regular

Stood in line an hour for Iphone 5s and was told that I couldn't get one with the device payment plan because we have a bundle bill service. Cool no problem (kinda was I was pissed). Came home decided I would wait for them to go back in stock and purchase one off contract. Now once I purchase it what do I do? Am I able to get a new micro sim for no charge and just transfer service to my old phone to my new one? Would this be easily executed at a Verizon store or an Apple store? Also I want to triple make sure that I will not be losing unlimited data.

2. christof macrumors 6502

SIM is free through Verizon Corporate Stores.

3. Arkados thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you. What do I do when I purchase the phone? Just say, "Hey I want to buy the Iphone 5s off contract and then transfer my current service over" ? I know that if I don't word it correctly these employees could screw me over.

4. christof macrumors 6502

If you're buying iPhone full price, I'd just do it online through Verizon.com directly. There was a forum member who lost their unlimited data and was assaulted by security when they went into a store. I wouldn't chance it and would rather purchase online. Unfortunately, Apple Online may not have the full retail price available unless you're in an existing 2-year contract.

5. Arkados thread starter macrumors regular

K. But I mean what do I do after receiving it? I would still need to transfer it to my line and then get a micro sim for it. I'm sure there's an option to transfer your line to an existing phone but I'm at work and haven't had the time to check it out ><