Purchasing a used TMobile iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by whoknows87, Jun 29, 2013.

1. whoknows87 macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

Can I purchase a T-Mobile iPhone 5 from someone who was using T-Mobile and then decided not to deal with them, keep in mind this Phone is NOT Paid in Full ( the Whole $150+Monthly Payments.. If I purchase the Phone Can I still use it with T-Mobile or would it be a BAD IMEI /Blocked from T-Mobile network

Thanks in Advance

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

if the person you're buying it from decided not to be with t-mobile anymore, they'd still be on the hook for the remaining cost of the phone. if they don't pay, the imei on the iphone could go bad.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Is your friend planning on ditching his contract without paying the termination fee? Your friend, if he wants to cancel his contract early will need to pay the remaining price of the phone or return the phone. This is on on their website. If he plans on ditching his contract and not making the remainder of the payments and does not return the phone, it could be blocked. If he is going to charge you know what he owes for the phone then he needs to give that money to T-Mobile. As long as the phone is paid one way or the other, the phone will be clean and you can bring your own phone to T-Mobile using the BYOD plans.