Purchasing an iPhone 4S as a gift

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JeepGC, Dec 8, 2011.

1. JeepGC macrumors regular

Hello all! I want to get my mom a 4S for Christmas this year. I sneakily (not sure if that's even a word?) checked her upgrade eligibility and she is upgrade eligible. The only problem is that we are on different AT&T accounts. How could I get her a 4S using her upgrade? All help is greatly appreciated.

2. Ponderous macrumors regular

Pretty sure that won't fly as it will require a contract extension and the primary will have to sign for that.

3. davidr2340 macrumors newbie

Maybe give her a gift card wrapped in a 4S box...???

:cool:

4. Sandman1969 macrumors 6502a

Sandman1969

If you "sneakily" checked her upgrade eligibility. Could you also sneakily get into her account and upgrade using your credit card? Though they probably have to ship it to her house.

5. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

6. JeepGC thread starter macrumors regular

I could do that, I think I'll go to an AT&T store tomorrow and see what other options there are before I purchase a gift card.

7. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

That's a great idea. I would sneakily get an iPhone 4S box somewhere. Purchase a gift card for the 4S model she would like and sneakily put the gift card in the box. Wrap it up in a cool sneakily christmas wrap. And then, sneakily, without her noticing, sneakily place it under the Christmas Tree. Monitor and see if she tries to sneakily figure out what you gave her prior to the 24th. I think it's a sneakily great idea.

Sneakily,
    ET

8. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Come on, you could have fit that word in a few more times! What's wrong with you?

9. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I would ask her first.

It's her upgrade and perhaps she would not want the 4s as her next phone.

10. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Yes most likely it will be sent to her house because it is her account. When I ordered my sister's iphone 4S for her using her credit card, it shipped to my house and not hers.