Purchasing apple+ care through a Verizon or AT&T retail store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by giper54, Aug 20, 2012.

1. giper54 macrumors newbie

When you buy an iPhone through an AT&T or Verizon retail store (not a corporate store), are you able to purchase apple+ care directly through the retail store or do you still need to go to an Apple Store to purchase apple+?

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

3. giper54 thread starter macrumors newbie

What about AT&T or Verizon retail stores, can you purchase apple+ care through the AT&T or Verizon retail store?

4. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I am almost 100% sure applecare+ can only be purchased through apple within either 14 or 30 days of purchasing the phone. It has nothing to do with the carrier and solely through apple.

5. applesith macrumors 68020

applesith

Verizon does offer their own insurance but it has some crazy deductible or something insane in it.

Go with Apple Care from store or apple.com for sure!

6. mlmwalt macrumors 6502a

Applecare+ is not available through VZ. They will say you can buy an extended warranty, but it's really insurance. It does have a high deductable. I covers everything that applecare+ does. I even covers loss/theft. It is way more expensive ($15-20 month). I ditched the VZ for Applecare+ when it was announced you could get it after purchase, last fall.

7. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

You CANNOT buy AppleCare+ through AT&T or VZW (though there have been reports of Spring customers being able to). From Apple, you can buy it at time of purchase or up to 30 days after, but you will have to take your phone to an Apple Store for inspection if you choose the latter.

I put together a pretty extensive comparison of various protection plans a few weeks back.

AppleCare+ vs. VZW Extended Warranty vs. Bb Geek Squad

8. giper54 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much. The AT&T store said they could get it for me but I didn't think they were correct.