Purchasing at Apple Store on launch day w/o preorder

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ObsidianBlade, Sep 16, 2012.

1. ObsidianBlade macrumors regular

I posted this in another thread but something tells me this title might get a little more attention. iPlan (bad joke) on possibly purchasing at the Apple store on Friday through AT&T. Here's the original post:

So after looking into pre-ordering online (which I won't do because I'd have to wait till like October), I found that I would need to pay a $150 deposit. I have some questions

1. Does the deposit get taxed too? Or is it iPhone + tax + deposit? What would the 64 GB cost then? (Pennsylvania)
    2. I can get a 16% business discount through Pep Boys. Will I be able to do that in store on launch day?
    3. Will they have iPhones in stock on launch day for those who didn't pre-order like they did last year? Last year I walked in at around 5pm on launch and they had quite a few in stock.

2. ObsidianBlade thread starter macrumors regular

3. famous600 macrumors 6502a

famous600

I can answer the last question. No one knows. I also plan on standing in line on launch day.

4. ObsidianBlade thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for at least some of the input.

5. aristobrat macrumors G5

Unless things have changed with this launch, Apple Stores don't have direct access to your account, so they can't apply service discounts (i.e. your FAN discount through Pep Boys), waive fees, etc, etc.

You can buy your phone at an Apple Store, but you'd have to swing by an AT&T store at some point to have the FAN discount applied to your account.

It's been my experience that Apple Stores have more phones than carrier stores, but Apple Stores also have longer lines, so it's a crap shoot as to who's going to have the most left over at the end of the day.