Purchasing iPhone 5 from other retailers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yimyames, Sep 13, 2012.

1. yimyames macrumors newbie

I've seen only talk about pre-ordering the iPhone through Apple and the phone carriers...is there any downside to going through Best Buy or Radio Shack? I stopped by Radio Shack on my lunch break and was told their pre-order starts tomorrow and if pre-orderd tomorrow it'd guarantee a phone on Sept 21 whenever you go into the store. With a Radio Shack 5 mins from work I was thinking about pre-ordering it when they open tomorrow and I'd be able to pick up my phone next Friday when they open.

As someone on the East Coast, I'd rather not set my alarm for 3am and worried getting it on the 21st if I order when I get up at 6:30.

It would be much appreciated if anyone could weigh in.

2. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Only issue with preording from other retailers is that their supply tends to be significantly more limited than the carriers or Apple.

No idea about Radio Shack but their guarantee might mean that they cut off pre-orders really quick.

3. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

I ordered mine this morning at 11am at Radio Shack for Friday,Sat or Sunday pickup.You only have 3 days to do so.This year,you buy a $50 gift card to place your order.This is the last day to preorder.My store had 12 available total and still had not met that quota this morning.3 other stores in my area also had 5s available.