Purchasing the 5s at Best Buy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by grillz813, Sep 12, 2013.

1. grillz813 macrumors newbie

I was just wondering if anyone has had any experiences purchasing an iPhone on launch day at their local Best Buy. I literally have one 5 minutes down the road from me and if its possible I'd like to go there rather than go to an Apple store in Orlando :p

2. iz2sick macrumors 6502

iz2sick

I've considered buying one at a Best Buy mobile store in the malls. Didn't have any crowds. But alas, I get Apple Care and you can't do that at Best Buy. They force their warranty program on you... bleh...

I got my 4S from RadioShack. Again, no crowds, but I was able to keep my unlimited data with ATT and buy AppleCare. Whoop.

3. grillz813 thread starter macrumors newbie

well any time you can retain unlimited data on AT&T its cause for celebration (lol). I have an idea that I think might work. The 5s preorders go live 3am est so what I'll do is go on bestbuy.com, order the phone and select the in-store pick up. Granted I don't even think I will run into lines where I live but its better to be safe than sorry :apple:

4. James717 macrumors regular

Why not buy it at Walmart along with your groceries and white tube socks?

5. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

You can always get AppleCare regardless of where you bought the device. Apple has a 30-day limit from date of purchase if you want AC.

6. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

In past years they've had a grand total of 10-20 devices. Good luck with that.

7. Ann P macrumors 68020

The first or second day the iPhone 4 was announced, there were lines around the corner of my local Apple store. Ain't nobody got time fo that! Went to Best Buy and got my phone in about 15 minutes. No lines. :)

Try Target or Walmart too.

8. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I preordered the 5 from bestbuy last year and was the 1st to order a 64gb. 45 days after launch they called me... I picked 1 up launch day from AT&T store and bought 2nd for gf from bestbuy...

9. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

My pre order experience too - all the employees had them but the customers showed up and walked away empty handed like me / Never again I am going to Verizon