PureTek™ Roll-On Screen Shield Kit for iPhone 4S/4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by TL24, Jan 11, 2012.

1. TL24 macrumors 6502a

TL24

2. chemdawg macrumors member

looks pretty interesting, I wonder if it is re-usable

3. white4s macrumors 65816

now thats a good invention. i stay away from screen protectors since i can never have it on without bubbles

4. dsquared81 macrumors 6502

Nifty invention. That's right, I wonder why it took so long. I don't like the "wet install" type protectors though. If it was the thicker "dry install" types I'd consider checking it out.

5. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

cool invention, but I don't use screen protectors.

6. AlPlPlLE, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012

AlPlPlLE macrumors regular

Heard that! But the trick to no bubbles is applying the screen protector in a hog dog fold kinda way. Instead of rolling the screen on or applying top to bottom or vice versa, just fold the protector like you would hold a hog dog or roll your tongue and apply it that way.

This assures that you put the screen on from the inside out, hopefully limiting or completely eliminating bubbles.

My method is seen here. Look how the alignment turned out. ZERO bubbles! I wasted two others before figuring this method out haha. (Slow at times)

[​IMG]

But back on topic for the OP. I like this protector!

7. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

The hardest trick, I find, to avoiding bubbles is to get a decent, dust-free environment in which to apply the screen protector.

8. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I had to google to see what a hog dog was...I still don't know how to hold him.

[​IMG]

9. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

concept = 100 awesome
    application (to be determined).

It looks sweet and is a great idea. However at the end they say "smooth out any bubbles with the rolller". I thought the whole point was for a bubble-free installation? If you have bubbles at the end, what's the difference from doing it by hand?

I usually have the worst problem with dust. No matter how clean the screen is, how clean the screen protector is, how misty it is in my bathroom with the shower going, I still get dust. That is-- on other phones. I've done 2 iPhones now PERFECTLY. When I tried to re-do my wifes droid... dust! GAHHhh

----------

try the "run the shower (fog up the bathroom) and apply in there" trick. worked twice for me! (didn't work twice for me on a different phone though...)

10. white4s macrumors 65816

i will try it out if i ever attempt it again thanks

11. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

with a tool like this they should make the screen shield with separate cut outs for the camera and ear piece.

12. AlPlPlLE macrumors regular

Haha ok so JUST saw that I had written hog. I was wondering why you had to look up what a hot dog was. I thought to myself after reading your post, "I dot get it" lol

But love the pic lol.

13. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

At first I was thinking "what the hell is a hog dog" then as I was googling it I figured it was a typo. There was a moment that I really thought a hog dog was some sort of farming dog, or a dog to hunt pigs. :D

14. karleaglemac macrumors regular

karleaglemac

15. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

what case are you using on that white iPhone, if you don't mind my asking?

16. AlPlPlLE macrumors regular

Don't mind at all. It's the SGP Linear EX Infinity White

Had it for 3 days now. Loving it and gotten many compliments at work.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1306385

17. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

Same here but it does interest me more now though at how easy it is with this.

18. jdaniel macrumors 65816

meh ive used.. powersupport for years without issues... the key is to apply when your phone is new.. when you just take off the factory protector so its not pitted etc... apply the powersuport supplied sticker to ensure everything is off n surface is ready.. remove.. and just slip on the actual screen protector.. been using it for years always the best.

19. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

its cool, except 20 bucks for something that doesn't look reuseable and only for the front. I'd rather pay 10 bucks for both back and front screenshield. Once you get the hang of it and learn all the little tricks applying screenshields perfectly isn't a problem at all as long as they are good quality and they fit the screen. the only problem with cheapies is sometimes they are cut funny. most of the time its all good.

20. Catcher macrumors regular

The only thing you need for a perfect application is sellotape, or scotch tape as its called in some places. Using tape you can lift the shield as many times as you like without having to dig a corner up with your fingernail and ruining it. You can use the tape to pick up dust that is causing a bubble. Just stick a strip of tape across the shield and lift and replace the shield as many times as you like and you can get a perfect fit.

21. offcamber macrumors 6502

offcamber

Thanks for posting OP.

I like this and the price too.