Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
Looks like one of 2 things. Either Apple is having some problems with their server that handles push data or 9.3.1 has a bug which causes push and or notifications to be slow or at times not come through at all.

I started noticing this problem on my brand new iPad Pro 9.7 on Saturday and my iPhone 6 yesterday evening. This problem exists with the mail app(Yahoo mail, Exchange(Microsoft), and Apple iCloud) as well as several other apps such as Facebook. Notifications sometimes never come through until I open the app itself.

I'm running 9.3.1 on both and restored the iPad to new through iTunes yesterday. Yes I have made sure all email accounts are set to push. Fetch is set to manual for all other items. No improvements today and I've been on cellular as well as my home wifi and work wifi.

Anyone having issues?

Reactions: colburnr

flyingspur

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2013
Dallas TX
Updated to 9.3.1 over weekend, same issue here. Maybe a Apple backend problem. I also
stopped receiving Wallet/Apple Pay notifications too. Deleted my amex cards, now working.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Having the same problem here. :(
Well, this was for just some people with iOS 9 at some point almost a year ago, not that likely that it's related to what you might currently be experiencing with iOS 10 and really just a particular single app it would seem (based on your thread about the issue).

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
Well, this was for just some people with iOS 9 at some point almost a year ago, not that likely that it's related to what you might currently be experiencing with iOS 10 and really just a particular single app it would seem (based on your thread about the issue).

True.

Candlelight

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
New Zealand
In the past month I've started having notification issues with my mail account (through exchange). I'm running 9.3.5 on a 6S; my co-worker is running an identical phone but running 10.3 and has no issues. The mail doesn't come through unless I open the app. Was a problem over the weekend when someone needed an urgent reply but I didn't get it until Monday when I opened the app and 21 emails were waiting for me.

I'd prefer not to upgrade to iOS 10 as it doesn't have any features I need and am perfectly happy otherwise to stay where I am.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.