Push to Stop Brock Turner Launching Speaking Tour on ‘Drinking and Promiscuity’ Gains Traction

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Sep 17, 2016.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

kind of like Bristol palin preaching her abstinence only crap but worse.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/push...medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

2. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Well, she made a living selling speeches dictating how people should live then engaged in the typical liberal attitude of "do as I say not as I do"*. That's where the conflict of interest and double standards come in.

* liberal as in "freedom to do anything" or "the political group whose first letter should be an upper-case 'L'", seems to work in either definition

3. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

thats usually conservatives that do that just look at all the family values politicians. remember she was a conservative so your using a conservative not doing what she says to prove liberals do it? that is just so messed up.
    Now what does this have to do with this guy doing tours??

4. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

lol what a pathetic attempt to slander a group of people

5. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

He's just a piece of ****, plain and simple. Learned it from his parents who still are teaching him to never take responsibility for anything. He should go for a ride with that kid who drove drunk and got off with no jail time and then his mom took him on a trip to Mexico.

6. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Alcohol shouldn't being use as an excuse for rape. It also shouldn't be used as an excuse to change your mind the day after.

7. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

maybe they can marry and adopt.

8. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Is this part of his probation? If this was mandated by the courts, I don't see any problem with it.

9. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

right cause thats what happened.

10. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

You really need to learn reading comprehension, no where in my post is that what I claimed.

11. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

no you did not but you tried to add it to this like it really fits. it is a pretty low thing to say really.

12. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

False rape accusations never happen?

13. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

yes they do they are rare brining up here is just lame. far more rapes go unreported because people with attitudes like yours cares people out of reporting it.

14. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Better that a hundred go free that one innocent be punished.

15. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

right cause that justifies your post. you hurt so many to save one bad. good job in the caring department there. but I know most rapes are not real right?
    so your against her death penalty then? because there have been many innocent people put to death or close to it.

16. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

If that's what you want to believe.

17. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

when you bring up maybe the .001% of fake rapes about a rapist raping ya I would say thats your attitude.

18. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Source?

19. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

there are no source since most rapes are not reported. so even these don't include not reported rapes that would greatly change the number of fake rapes to real ones. I am off but I just included all the rapes in my guess. there is no way to know the true numbers but its s in bad taste to bring it up with this rapist who got off with almost no punishment.

A false accusation of rape is the intentional reporting of a rape where no rape has occurred. It is difficult to assess the prevalence of false accusations because they are often conflated with non-prosecuted cases under the designation "unfounded."[1][2] However, in the United States, the FBI Uniform Crime Report in 1996 and the United States Department of Justice in 1997 reported that 8% of the rape accusations had been through investigation determined to be false, a rate higher than that for any other indexed crime.[3][4][5] Studies in other countries have reported their own rates at anywhere from 1.5% (Denmark) to 10% (Canada).[6] Due to varying definitions of a "false accusation", the true percentage remains unknown.[7]
    It is extremely difficult to assess the prevalence of false accusations. Not all jurisdictions have a distinct classification of false accusation, resulting in these cases being combined with other types of cases (e.g. where the accuser did not physically resist the suspect or sustain injuries) under headings such as "unfounded" or "unproved". There are many reasons other than falsity that can result in a rape case being closed as unfounded or unproven.[1][2] DiCanio (1993) states that while researchers and prosecutors do not agree on the exact percentage of false allegations, they generally agree on a range of 2% to 10%.[8]