Put your master iPhone 5s plan here.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ethanlee, Sep 19, 2013.

1. ethanlee macrumors regular

I'd love to see the plans of the forum users here to try to get your hands on a new iPhone of your preferred finish and size. It'll help me perfect mine as well :D

Here's what I've got so far:

Since I can't make it to any stores, period, I'm ordering either from Verizon's website or Apple's Apple Store app (redundant, much) depending on what they have for lead times.

I'll have my MacBook Pro refreshing Verizon's website and my iPad will be connected to a Bluetooth keyboard to type in details into the Apple Store app. I'll launch Apple Store at 12:01 as a new multitasking process (to get the Buy button available) and at the same time begin the ordering process on Verizon's website. If Apple's shipping times are 7-10 days, I'm trusting Verizon to ship it, as they guarantee it in 2 days (somehow) and putting all my energy into completing the order form for Verizon.

Looking for a gold iPhone 5s, 16 GB! :apple:

2. user-name-here macrumors 65816

The only two plans available are either:
    1) Order online
    2) Stand in line

Not much more to it...

3. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Or what happens?
    It's very easy to guarantee something when there are no consequences.
    My $0.02.

4. Mark Booth macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

This is my incredibly sophisticated master plan:

1) At 12:01am (I'm in Calif.), point browser to Apple.com and select the Store option.
    2) Please order for 64GB iPhone 5S in Space Gray on AT&T.
    3) Go to bed.

:rolleyes:

Mark

5. ethanlee thread starter macrumors regular

Was hoping for more creative ideas/plans. See, if I order online, I won't be able to stand in line. Not everyone will stand in line either, they'll have to check multiple stores around their area. And also if I order online, I'd like to know where everyone will be getting it from... and then there's the people "reserving" from Target. What are your backup plans?

----------

But what if the lead times are 7-10 days?? I can't wait that long! (first-world problems)

6. Matt8045 macrumors regular

Get to line at 4am get phone at 8 am laugh at people who ordered online and have to wait till next week to get it.

7. iF34R macrumors 6502a

iF34R

I'm going to the Verizon store an hour before they open, and get one.

8. Eeko macrumors regular

I'm going to the mall at 7 to wait for the ATT inside to open at 10. I think this will be a pretty good plan.

9. Allport1954 macrumors member

Line up at Apple store at 4am.

Luckily I have several reports for work I need to finish reading so at least I can feel semi-productive standing in line at an ungodly hour.

10. ethanlee thread starter macrumors regular

some of us just simply don't have the time to get in line at 4 am, unfortunately :( so there's only the online option. feel free to laugh, but just post some pics when you get yours so we can at least have something to look at in the interim :D

----------

Or I'll vent at their live chat reps lol :D

11. Dealwagon macrumors newbie

lol.. I called my local walmart, and they said...

Yep, got them in. Come and get one. So, I picked it up at 530 this afternoon. Sweet!

12. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Line up at apple store at 5am...Get it by 8. I'm borrowing my daughters ipod 5th gen. I've already cached 5 hours worth of videos to watch while I'm waiting. Also have a portable box charger to make sure it stays charged. My body and mind is ready!!!

13. user-name-here macrumors 65816

So mean ;)

Pics or it didn't happen.

14. ethanlee thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I guess that's a pretty cool plan. *calls local Walmart*

15. EricByer macrumors member

Can't put a price on maintaining dignity. ;)

16. Vikinguy macrumors 6502

Pic?

17. arom macrumors 6502

Cool story brah'

18. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

I'm still debating.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to a AT&T store for 5ish, but I'm exhausted right now and would rather not get up that early on a vacation day. I'll likely suck it up and go...really don't feel like waiting until next week.

19. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

I was going to order online but at 7-10 days I'm confident I will find it in a store before then so if that's what they are offering I'm going to test my luck in store. I have to work tomorrow. Waiting in line isn't a problem but I'm thinking it'll be crazy slow and I can't be at the apple store till 10am so might go around 11-12 after I goto work early and get a bunch of work done. I went to best but and AT&T today best buy said they got like 20 AT&T models all black. AT&T wouldn't tell me anything.

20. Dealwagon macrumors newbie

Pudding. Now everyones gonna call walmart.. lol

[​IMG]

21. ethanlee thread starter macrumors regular

Looks like many people are going with a brick-and-mortar store? What are all the online ordering folks doing? (probably already refreshing store.apple.com)

22. steleven9 macrumors member

Order if I wake up, then try my luck at apple store over weekend. Can't get there until noon tomorrow

23. clunkmess macrumors 6502a

clunkmess

My plan is to take a nap right now to get some rest for the line. I will then wake up at 11 pm to go catch the the premiere of Prisoners at 12 am at the AMC Cupertino Square. I will finally go from the theatre the Apple store at Valley Fair to set up camp around 2 am.

24. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

Deciding if I should order through AT&T or Apple, or just go wait in line at an AT&T store.

Additionally, I can't even decide which color I want :(

25. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

They're probably clicking this thread, rolling their eyes at us and going to another thread.

Screw them and their super human patience.