Putin: Jews, Ukrainians 'with Russian citizenship' could be behind US election meddling

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by RootBeerMan, Mar 10, 2018.

1. RootBeerMan macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

Unlike Trump, Putin at least acknowledges that there was meddling in the election. He's just taking the old commie route of deflecting onto his enemies. Trump will likely be putting sanctions onto the Ukrainians and Israeli's for their meddling and denying visa's to Tatars. Stay tuned.

http://thehill.com/policy/internati...s-with-russian-citizenship-could-be-behind-us

2. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

So first, let me preface the following by saying that I believe that Putin is a slimy, murdering, racist dirtbag.

However, I do agree with him when he says:

I mean...why would that be his problem? If I were him, I’d take it a step further and point out the decades of geopolitical meddling that the US has been engaged in and say that if we don’t want a taste of our own medicine then we need to tighten up.

3. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

4. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502a

Bug-Creator

No one (sane) ever said it was his problem or that he should care.

But those on the receiving end (both the US with Trump and Europeans with russian propped extreme right AND left wing parties) should care.

They should care who did it, on whose orders, with what motive and with what methods.

5. stylinexpat, Mar 10, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2018

stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

This is where this guy comes in to play.. Listen to his speech. Putin had some balls to bring this one up lol..

https://www.google.com/amp/mondoweiss.net/2018/03/gideon-question-crushed/amp/
    --- Post Merged, Mar 10, 2018 ---
    There were quite a few motives. One motive is that Israel wanted America to declare Jerusalem as the Capital of Israel and Trump said he would do it. Clinton may not have done it. Israel also wanted Trump to nix Iran deal which Trump said would do and which he said was a bad deal. Music to their ears. He needs to win. Conspiracy theory perhaps..?

6. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

I’m not saying that we shouldn’t care, but that’s not what we’re talking about here.

In the interview linked, he was asked if the possibility of Russians interfering in our election bothered him, and the lady who asked the question seemed pretty sane to me.

7. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

The best thing for Israel is to keep both parties in America happy.

8. juanm macrumors 68000

juanm

Well, the operation was estimated to have a budget from 200K/month at first and then climbed to 1M a month (I don’t remember the exact figures). Where do you think the money came from?

9. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

Did you watch that video..? If so, what do you think of what he said..? Does not seem like the goal is to keep both parties in America happy though.

10. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

Putin is full of poo poo, but he's a mastermind in his own right.

11. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

Did you intend to reply to me? I’m not sure what you’re referring to.

12. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Ah yes..That time when right wingers defended Putin.
    Priceless.

13. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

I haven't heard a single rumor even that the election meddling was done by Israel, whereas there has been plenty of evidence and even indictments indicating it was Russia.

14. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

The boss speaks

https://youtube.com/watch?v=z1pPkAOZI50

https://youtube.com/watch?v=0feDvVEz3Qc

https://youtube.com/watch?v=vSsH7pVXUAE

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZETpCefN784

https://youtube.com/watch?v=9mhi_AyQAyw
    --- Post Merged, Mar 10, 2018 ---
    You imagine the outrage that would occur were anyone to bring this up.. Did you watch the video I posted earlier? In my other posts Putin covers this evidence part.

The Israel Times has a video link in it too..
    https://www.timesofisrael.com/ajc-says-putins-comments-on-jews-like-protocols-of-the-elders-of-zion/

15. Zenithal macrumors 604

If he doesn't care then his country should have the resources to find these people and hand them over to American authorities. Hard to believe a trained spy.

16. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

He is right though because we do the same thing.. ;)

17. Zenithal, Mar 11, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2018

Zenithal macrumors 604

Our President isn't a spy. He makes the characters in Spies Like Us come across as intelligent.

There's no logical reason for Israel to destabilize the US and possibly increase the rate of antisemitism and white nationalism, not to mention hurting US interests that would directly hurt the money we give Israel.

People have been blaming the Jews for just about anything for centuries. This type of behavior wasn't new when the Russian Empire existed or when the Soviet Union had a dim view about Jews, or even the current Russian Federation.

18. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

Will they take away my Tatar sauce? Now how can I eat my fried fish? Nutty Putin's conspiracy theories will affect my diet.

19. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Of course they can find those responsible, but they won't. Why would they? Putin already said he did not care and we're not exactly buddy buddy with Russia. All this collision talk is what he wants. The media circus distracts us from what he's doing in the background.

20. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

You may be right but may also be wrong.
    https://theintercept.com/2018/03/11/israel-mossad-assassination-book/

Quick question for you.. From the link above it was written that

“Killing was a tool not only to spare Israeli lives, but to also affect international policy”

Based on the above quote if one is well known to kill in order to affect international policies then could it not be possible that one meddles in elections to affect international policies..?

There is actually a reason of why they would have wanted Trump to win and the reasons are actually quite a few. Suggestion of this though would lead to the person being labeled as an anti-Semite to try and silence that person from it even being brought up.

https://consortiumnews.com/2017/04/20/why-not-a-probe-of-israel-gate/

21. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

Your attitude toward Israel is well known here, and it's your right to have that attitude and express it as often as you do - Israel, like all nations, is not perfect. And all countries, including Israel, try to influence other countries for their national interests. But we are talking here about specific actions taken during the last election by Russia - social media posts, forming rallies, spreading false rumors, possibly stealing emails, etc. and there hasn't been any indication that Israel did anything to that level. It seems you are implying something that isn't there just because you think it aligns with what Israel might do: Israel targets its enemies, therefore it meddles in the elections of its friends.

22. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

Putin did address who in Russia may have done this.. No..?

There seems to be outrage now over this.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...aying-jews-may-have-manipulated-u-s-election/

My only point is not to be so critical of others when those that are critical of others do the same thing. I find irony,hypocrisy and double standards unacceptable. This is regardless of which country or state that is. This policy and opinion pertains to every country and state and not just Israel and America. It includes Russia,China, and every middle eastern country. If one is going to call others out then they should also be prepared to be called out. One should not be afraid to speak out out of fear of being intimidated or smeared provided that there facts to back up their statements or opinions on something.

23. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Hilary is in the Israel supporting wing of the Democratic Party. Why block her and risk making Israel a partisan issue? Especially as Mossad isn’t stupid.

24. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

Putin has zero credibility and the outrage is due to the fact that he seemed to be promoting the historical canard of blaming Jews for every problem in the world. That's different from accusing Russia of meddling as there is ample evidence that they did.

I also see hypocrisy and double standards in how some people are quick to condemn Israel for something like targeted assassinations (a legitimate subject for debate) but seem less outraged about things such as the killing of hundreds of thousands of Syrians, many of them civilians, and many by their own government.

25. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

In your opinion do you consider political influence to be considered as a meddling possibility..?
    --- Post Merged, Mar 11, 2018 ---
    There is a difference between blaming and questioning.. That would be like Netanyahu promoting the historical canard of blaming the Iranians for every problem in the Middle East. Really depends on where you are viewing things from.

I think many people in the Middle East are against what has happened in Syria. In fact many have also protested and condemned these targeted assassinations regardless of whether they were Syrian or Israeli. Neither one is right period. In fact many of the outraged people lost family members and friends. People that spoke out paid a hefty price for speaking out. Many of these people can not be found today. Two wrongs do not make a right. Both are wrong period. No one here is defending one and condemning the other. In fact both are being condemned.