Putin on the Elections

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yaxomoxay, Nov 9, 2016.

1. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Here's Putin's reaction in full:

NOTE how beautiful that room is. Seriously, a breathtaking piece of art.

2. DrewDaHilp1, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  3. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Dear Mr Putin: Go **** yourself you worthless turd.

4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Thanks for posting this link and sharing it with those of us who hadn't seen it.

5. yaxomoxay thread starter macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

You're welcome. I am really curious to see how the US-Russia relationship will change (if it does change...).
    I guess I really do have to study history of Russia and of the Cold War now ... :)

6. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

And if you choose to do so, I would recommend that you cast your net perhaps a bit more widely than simply consulting US sources.

Yes, it will be interesting to see what transpires in the area of international relations.

7. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

I still kick myself for passing on an 18 month position in Moscow in the '90s.

8. yaxomoxay thread starter macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

I would absolutely love to find non-US/non-Western sources. I am not saying that they're necessarily deceptive or biased, but the perspective is often important to evaluate what was the thought process behind certain decisions and events.
    I would even learn Russian if I had the time! I listened to many interviews to Russian leaders (Gorbachev - which I saw in real life!), and others. Gromyko's and Dobrynin autobiographies are on my reading list.

9. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Did he forget about annexing Crimea, and sending Russia troops to destabilize eastern Ukraine?

I have no idea who Trump is going to choose as Secretary of State. But rest assured, the US' allies in Western Europe are going to give Trump serious grief if he decides he's going to lift sanctions of Russia unilaterally.

[​IMG]

Malaysia airliner shot down by Russian BUK missile over Ukraine. Almost 300 totally innocent civilians (mainly Dutch and Malaysian were on board. Also 4 Germans, 27 Australians, a Canadian, 10 Brits.) The victims have received no apology from the Russian government. No acceptance of responsibility. No compensation from the Russian Government.

Maybe President-Elect Trump might feel a little differently about cozying up to Putin if one his children had been on that plane.

10. chfilm macrumors 65816

chfilm

Feel different..? He'll just use his new nuclear toys ^^

For those who wanna study Cold War. I recommend studying the time that led to WW1 instead.

11. RootBeerMan macrumors 6502

RootBeerMan

That speech reminded reminded me of the many I used to hear back in the 70's and 80's coming out of the Soviet propaganda machine. Shouldn't be surprising given that Putin is a product of that system and has fond memories of his part in it. Trump is going to undo sanctions and crawl right into bed with the little tyrant. And sell out NATO and Europe at the same time.

12. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

They are biased, or, the emphasis is different - sometimes they may give weight to different stuff to what we would focus on - or filtered through their experiences - but the biasses are different biasses, and thus, need to be taken into account.

And there was some good stuff coming out of Russia - because the archives had been opened up - for a few years at the end of the glasnost era (basically late 80s, to mid-late 90s)

13. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Apparently your candidate Hillary is the one who is worthless. Thrown away like yesterday's trash because no one wanted her.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 9, 2016 ---
    Is the Hillary Campaign still paying you to post your anti Russia propaganda? Maybe you should stop now, unless she paid you in advance.

14. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Except that she did actually get the popular vote. Like Bush, the retard only won by virtue of the electoral college.

15. SoyCapitanSoyCapitan macrumors 68040

SoyCapitanSoyCapitan

Putin is in charge of western policy now. Russia and a few cranky offshore tax haven island living hedge fund managers paid for Brexit and Trump campaigns. They pay for quackery and conspiracy filled social media accounts, Anonymous, and anything else that subverts and distorts reality. People are led to believe in all this 'freedom' and 'Make America/Britain' Great' junk but they are all being led to mental slavery.

If you want to know about the techniques of subversion and how they have been used since the Cold War...Bezmenov...

16. yaxomoxay thread starter macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Well she won the primaries by buying super-delegates, I would say that the electoral college should not be something she can complain about.

17. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

When it comes to class, you have none.

18. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

You lost, Hillary accepted it and you should too.

It would be good for Russia and the US to have better relations.

19. yaxomoxay thread starter macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Work to fix the constitution then; insulting someone doesn't really bring any value.

20. APlotdevice, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016

APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

I will not accept Trump. I fight him every legal way I can. As I would have done with Hillary BTW, though America made it a LOOOOT harder by having the candidate align with both houses of Congress.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 9, 2016 ---
    There is science to suggest that cursing can actually help relieve stress. (At least for the person doing it)

Not sure if that actually works in text form, but hey, its justification enough for me.

21. yaxomoxay thread starter macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Ahah ok, medical reasons are ok ;)

22. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Have your liberal buddies move out of California and New York if you want to win.

23. Zenithal macrumors 68040

In the late 70s and most of the 80s, those of us alive didn't like the idea of possibly being killed. It was more or less a constant fear we had. Despite the whole macho bravado most of us carried, the Russians and their ilk included. I think people are jumping the gun. Trump isn't due in office until January. Let's put the pitchforks down.

I half expected Putin to deliver his speech in English, but then remembered it wasn't very good or wasn't the last time I heard him speak in English. Though he'd only been learning for a few months then. Though he's quite fluent in German, which isn't remotely surprising given his roles in the 80s.

24. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Yes, Democrats should accept President Elect Trump just like Republicans did Obama.

25. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

The American people gave the Republicans the house, senate, and presidency. Keep that in mind.