PWNage Tool for Windows or RedSnow for 4.3.2 Untethered Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Brother Esau, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Brother Esau macrumors 6502

Battery life was terrible on 4.3.1 Jailbroken using RedSnow for Untethered Jailbreak.

My question at this point is what is the better of the 2 different programs to do a untethered Jailbreak on iOS 4.3.2 as I will give this a go once more and see how battery life fairs Jailbroken on iOS 4.3.2:D

Also what advatages does PWNage Tool have over RedSnow? Just Curious have been out of this loop for quite a while now and any proper and correct insight into my specific questions would be greatly appreciated>

P.S....Cydia being down currently affect this endeavor to Jailbreak once more?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

They both do the same, pwnage just preserves your baseband if you need to keep an unlockable bb.
    If you dont care or dont have an unlockable baseband just upgrade to stock 4.3.2 and run redsnow.

3. TC25 macrumors 68020

This is like asking what advantages a drywall hammer has over a carpenter's hammer. The answer is 'It Depends what you're trying to do." Do you need to build a custom ipsw? If no, use redsn0w.

EDIT: redsn0w and TU will preserve your baseband.

Do you want to install apps you have to pay for? Do you want to install themes? If so, wait.

4. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

Personally I used Snowbreeze to jailbreak and it runs very smooth and battery life is normal. For the record though, the only reason I chose Snowbreeze specifically is because it has the option to enable the multitouch setting menu.

5. Brother Esau thread starter macrumors 6502

I certainly appreciate the analogy on the hammers vs the software!
    I was a master wood worker for 20 years prior to my career move to full time Geek:D So I understand your point completely!

Thanks for the responses guys!

The Cydia deal... I just want to make sure that if I use redsnow to jailbreak again things don't go wrong when it's installing Cydia. I would assume it's already incorporated in the RedSnow package but i never try to assume anything, as this is when things go drastically wrong!

6. TC25 macrumors 68020

I reinstalled Cydia last Friday before I found out the mess with Cydia was caused by Amazon. No problems. If you can live without Themes and paid apps, you'll be fine.

7. Brother Esau thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks brother!;)

8. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

This only works for iPhone 4. 3G &3GS have to use pwnage or its windows equivalent to preserve bb or for iPad bb usage.