Q: How to erase 5.0.1 jailbreak on 4s, to reinstall clean.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jungiii, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Jungiii macrumors member

I've tried searching but due to the number of different jailbreaks for the different versions and models i did not find anything that was confirming.

I have a jailbroken 4s that keeps crashing after asking for icloud password (apple id), and various other passwords. This started happening after i entered my password incorrectly more than it allowed and i had to change my appleid password from the apple website. I figured the best solution to this is to reset the phone and completely remove the cydia tweaks; jailbreak and reinstall a fresh clean jailbreak with jailbreakme.

The problem is obviously that the phone is going to update to 5.1 if i reset it, but i know there are other solutions out there i just wanted to confirm the best method with you guys (macrumors community) so that i can do it safely and also be assured i'm not screwing it up.

Thanks for any help given :)

2. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

You can't do this on a 4S as there is no way to restore to 5.0.1 at the moment, even with SHSH blobs and AP ticket saved :/

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You cannot do that at the moment.
    Only 2 options is stay jb on 5.0.1 or go to stock 5.1.
    And you cannot jb a 4S using jailbreakme.com

4. Jungiii thread starter macrumors member

Ah ic

Sorry, i meant redsn0w.

thanks for the help guys :) much appreciated.

Any ideas what could be causing this constant freezing?

5. NanoNyrd macrumors regular

It is most likely one of the tweaks you have installed. In particular, if you have installed two tweaks with overlapping functionality.

Try uninstalling stuff until the problem (hopefully) goes away. Take care not to uninstall anything essential, as that will leave you with a b0rked phone and no option but to restore to 5.1 :(

6. Jungiii thread starter macrumors member

Thank you sir, i will try that tonight!