Qatar Supporters of Terrorism?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by protox, Jun 15, 2017.

1. protox macrumors regular

So, what do we do? Go ahead and sell them jets of course.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...amid-gulf-crisis/ar-BBCGkRk?OCID=ansmsnnews11

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Obama openly gave arms to the "Rebels" .trump is selling them.

3. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

That's just better business right here.

4. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

Trump always goes both ways on every issue so he's sent in the navy to help protect those funders of terrorism :p

5. zin macrumors 6502

This deal was signed and approved by the Obama Administration last year.

6. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Who was in charge of Congress last year (2016)?

And while the State Department under Obama did bring allow and bring the sale up to Congress, it would be just as easy for Trump to cancel it.
    Trump as been in office how long now? almost 5 months? He even tweeted Qatar is big terrorist sponsor! 2 days later Rex finalized the sale.

7. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

of course it was.......but the reality is that Trump is just following the same path as obama and bush before him. As an example, his recently announced YUUUGE new arms deal with the Saudis, who are just as much "supporters of terrorism" as Qatar.

And it isn't just sales to "supporters of terrorism" countries as trump continues to send arms to various "rebel" groups in syria

He's simply continuing what was going on before him and adding to the stream as he sees fit

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

does the buck not stop at the top?

9. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

So? Trump as CiC could certainly have stopped it.

Your partizenship, when it's not your party, is truly bizarre.

10. zin macrumors 6502

Never said I supported it. I'd be more than happy for him to stop all arms deals to every country in the region, including Saudi Arabia.

I don't have "a party". Democrats and Republicans are both warmongers.

11. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

Super! Than why didn't you lead with that versus pointing to Obama?

As for not having a party? With all due respect, ********. Do I really need to tabulate all your pro-Republican postings versus pro-Democrat? In fact, the only subject that would equal your pro-republican postings are your anti-democratic ones.

Similar to that iBook guy, y'alls actions speak way louder than your words. (yes, I realize, odd statement to make on the internet).

But whatever. Keep bashing away at Obama. And keep solidly supporting a party that doesn't represent you. It's beer time. Later.

12. zin macrumors 6502

Feel free to tabulate anything you want. You'll find I don't have very much in common with a conventional Republican. If I were an American, I certainly would never vote for a (typical) Republican.

13. darksithpro macrumors regular

Doesn't matter, it was under Obama's watch. They own it, they made their own bed.

14. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

So that means it must be Labours fault nothing was done after the last tower block fire :rolleyes:.

15. nia820 macrumors 68000

nia820

Just shows how gullible Trump is. He let the Saudis convince him its the other guys that are funding terrorism. Lol.

All jokes aside, is anyone shocked. United states will sell weapons to anyone willing to buy.

16. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

whoa!......then since these jets have been delivered to supporters of terrorism almost 6 months after Trump became "the top" that makes him responsible for the sale. And of course as "the top" he's responsible for his recently announced new YUUUUGE sale of military equipment to Saudi Arabia another state that supports terrorism, and as "the top" he's responsible for openly GIVING arms to "rebels" in Syria while he's been "the top" guy, something that he's continued right with.......so yeah, you're right in pointing that as "the top" Trump is now responsible for these things

aren't you supposed to be deflecting blame away from your mango tinted overlord? aren't you worried they might bump you from the 2020 re-election team? :p

17. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

18. HEK Suspended

HEK

Ahhh, let me take a guess.....same as this year......was it ...I know....CONGRESS. Last time I checked it was a co-equal branch of government according to the constitution.

19. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

LMFAO, you are just an apologist.

Let me put it this way:
    George Bush (43) is the one who pulled out of Iraq, not Obama.
    Everyone blames Obama for pulling out, but it was really Bush.
    After Obama came into office he asked Iraq to leave a small advisory team, Iraq said no, pointing to Bush memo.

Everyone was DONE with Iraq, Iraq wanted us out, as much as US citizens wanted to leave. There was every incentive/reason to go.

With Qatar the US was not forced to sell the arms. There was no public outcry to sell arms. And after Trump tweeted Qatar was a terrorist sponsor there is every reason NOT to sell the arms.
    And yet, in defiance of Trump, Rex authorized the sale.

Trump has time and time again shown how much power he has and not afraid to use it. If he truly wanted to, he could have easily canceled this agreement.

But $$$$$$$$$$ speaks louder than Presidents.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 17, 2017 ---
    Of course, Truman make that loud and clear in 1945 (46?)

With Trump, the buck seems to go right to the bank.

20. HEK Suspended

HEK

Think US should close the air base we have in Qatar. We don't wanna be supporting no terrorist nation right. Or would that make too much logical sense?

21. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

The logic would cause WH to explode.

22. HEK Suspended

HEK

Good point

23. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

24. Zenithal Suspended

Bingo. You think these nations will be sovereign when they run out of oil or other natural goods they sell to us and other western countries? Think again.

25. stylinexpat macrumors 6502a

They had to go some where when Saudi asked them to leave because they did not support any attacks on Iraq to be launched against Iraq from Saudi bases in Saudi Arabia. Qatar took advantage of their dispute and allowed the US to set up a base there.