QT 6, iMovie, and iDVD

ryme4reson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 5, 2002
Cupertino CA
Hi, I am trying to make a DVD w/ iDVD but I want to do some editing in iMovie. I have about 6 clips in mpg format on my HD. I have QT 6 PRO, but when I convert from mpg -> DV to use within iMovie, I seem to lose audio. I also lose audio when I convert from mpg to mp4 (which by the way was awesome.

So does any1 know how to convert file formats within QT 6 Pro and keep audio and video? I know it seems like a stupid question, but I need some help, thanks

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Re: QT 6, iMovie, and iDVD

Originally posted by ryme4reson
Hi, I am trying to make a DVD w/ iDVD but I want to do some editing in iMovie. I have about 6 clips in mpg format on my HD. I have QT 6 PRO, but when I convert from mpg -> DV to use within iMovie, I seem to lose audio. I also lose audio when I convert from mpg to mp4 (which by the way was awesome.

So does any1 know how to convert file formats within QT 6 Pro and keep audio and video? I know it seems like a stupid question, but I need some help, thanks
Is this an MPEG2 file?

You may have to split the audio/video (demux) it... but I haven't tried this myself.

arn

ryme4reson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 5, 2002
Cupertino CA
I dont know

they are mpeg files, just music videos I got off limewire. I have a superdrive, and although I wont be using it often, I wish to grasp the concept and feel that it was not a waster of money

ryme4reson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 5, 2002
Cupertino CA
ok so if its mpeg 1

So if its mpeg-1 how does that help me? I know you are trying to help, but that still doesnt help. I am at apple.com/support and that really sucks. I just cant seem to figure out why I lose audio when I export. Thanks in advance for the help.