Query on MBP shipping times to *UK* - will it come from Shanghai?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by pauld, Jul 13, 2009.

1. pauld macrumors regular

Hi there,

First off, sorry if I sound a bit rabid to get hold of my purchase, but I may have got myself into a bit of a pickle.

I've searched for similar threads, but the results that I found were from 4 years ago - presumably things may have changed since then.

Anyway,

I ordered a MBP {with unengraved rebate iPod and HE applecare} from the UK Education store. I was quoted with 3 working days until shipping would commence, which was fine - everything shipped on Friday 10/07/2009.

The problem is that it's showing me an arrival date of 21/07/2009 - 11 days shipping to the UK. Can that correct? Has anyone had experience of shipping being over-exaggerated?
    Will this actually be shipped from Shanghai? Admittedly it has been a couple of years since I bought my iMac, but I'm sure that it shipped from Ireland and only took a few days from order to delivery.

My problem is that I will have left England on Sunday 19/07/2009 and won't be back until Monday 27/07/2009. Has anyone had experience of leaving an order "in transit" for a few days? I'd hate for it to potentially be shipped back to China!

Thanks a lot for any information in advance,

Paul

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

It's coming from Chine or from CZ. Yes, it takes time. When your Mac leaves Apple's warehouse, it'll be in carrier's hands. Apple uses the slowest delivery. MBPs can also take more time to build because so many people are ordering them. I left my iMac for UPS's warehouse for few days because I was in Germany. They won't ship it back to China

3. jjblinky macrumors newbie

I recently got a MBP from the online apple store.
    I went for a larger hard disk, which moved the shipping time from 1 to 3 days. Yes it shipped from China.

My order date: 15 June
    It shipped: 17 June
    Apple estimated delivery: 19 June
    Actual delivery: 22 June

As you can see it took abour a week in all. My advice is to ignore the Apple date and track it via the courier web site. Mine was delivered via UPS, they gave around 10 updates as it moved around the world, cleared customs, was delivered to a sorting offfice and then when it was on the road. They estimated the date correctly from when they first picked it up.

Once you have all the details you could contact the courier company directly, maybe they will help with your issues.

4. pauld thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks a lot / Kiitos paljon.

I'm hoping that your late-July shipping took that working day extra due to the bottleneck of having to get out all of those recently released MBPs!

And yes, I guess I can simply deal with DHL or whoever.

Thanks again,

Paul

5. macgrl macrumors 65816

I ordered my late 2008 mbp just after they were announced. It took so long to get shipped but that was due to the number of orders. I was so impatient lol :)

Hope yours comes soon