Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slipper

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
question about a palm pilot, ical, and address book...

can the calenders and address book be fully intergrated?

question fear

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2003
The "Garden" state
i am assuming for the sake of your post that you are using a fairly recent palm that runs on a usb cable or cradle.
yes, get isync all set with the palm conduit, and palm desktop, and ical and address book will play happily with your palm.
what kind do you have? sometimes it takes some juggling for sony branded ones to work...
-carly

slipper

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
i used to have a handy m500 a couple years ago. i was planning on getting a low end palm, something cheap just to jot down notes and womens numbers haha. like a palm zire. would that work?

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
It should. Palms are Mac friendly after all. And the Desktop 4.1 software has been fixed for Panther. Been using my Palm m515 with my Powerbook and I haven't had many problems (most problems dealt with moving to Panther, but that seems to be fixed now).

slipper

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
or if i get another M500 maybe used from ebay would that still work or would i need newer software?

question fear

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2003
The "Garden" state
any palm should be fine...
i would say, for simplicity, you're much better off looking for m500 or later...basically, any palm that natively syncs with usb (i would suggest NOT buying a handspring, because since being aquired by palmone, springboard and thier proprietary expansion slots are pretty much DOA, and would be expensive to maintain.)
the reason i say native usb syncing is that trying to find a serial-->usb adaptor is tough these days...also, any palm still using serial is pretty old.
the zire, or the zire 21 would work fine with a mac. if you go with the zire 21, i think its 99.00 msrp, and you get as much memory as your old m500 has.
no extra software would be needed, your mac will ask you to dl the palm conduit for isync, and with minimal tweaking you'll be all set.
sorry for rambling so much, im just trying to throw all the info you'll need at ya.
any more questions, feel free to pm or post back here, and i and any other palm geeks floating about will try to help.
-carly

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.