Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sounds Good

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
I noticed in the Apple Store that there were "Genius Bars" (or something like that) where lessons and even classes were offered. As a guy who is about to buy his first ever Mac, this is very attractive to me.

BUT... is this service available only to those who buy directly from Apple? Or can we buy from a reseller (say, Amazon.com) and still take advantage of this?

Thanks.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
Nope! Anyone with any Apple product can use it!

I got an iBook from a pawn shop and they still helped me out. :)

wako

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
I never attended one of their seminars...

However I doubt it would be much use. Toying around with the machine for an hour and when problems arise posting on these boards is how I figured out how to use a mac. I think it took less than a week to master it because it was is so simple....

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
BUT... is this service available only to those who buy directly from Apple? Or can we buy from a reseller (say, Amazon.com) and still take advantage of this?
FWIW, you haven't seen it yet:
http://www.apple.com/retail/onetoone/

It's a pretty good deal, IMO. For $99.00, you get to (for a year) make a weekly one-hour "One to One" appointment with one of the store's Creatives.

Although they do offer Mac 101 help (like the "getting started" thing you were talking about), their main focus is .. well .. how to be creative with your Mac. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.