Question About IP6 Reservations

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BluPrynt78, Sep 5, 2014.

1. BluPrynt78 macrumors member

BluPrynt78

I can't get any info about reservation dates for the iPhone 6. I guess it's "Area 51" Classified information.
    Anyways, anyone have inside info on when At&t will start taking reservations?
    Does anyone remember if they took IP5/5S same day as the announcement?

Thanks in Advance!

2. Menel Suspended

Menel

They took no reservations with the iPhone 5S.

3. thedeejay macrumors 65816

thedeejay

Reservations starting September 12th for iPhone 6 (rumored date). iPhone 5S was only available to order the day of launch.

4. nostresshere macrumors 68030

I am guessing you mean a pre-order?

Also, the phone has not even been announced, so there is no date available.

5. BluPrynt78 thread starter macrumors member

BluPrynt78

Yes, I mean pre order. At&t says they will be doing pre orders but they don't know when.

I called Apple to find out about reservations and they say that "NO IPHONE 6 Exists.............yet" LMAO! He sounded very serious too.

6. Menel Suspended

Menel

Because it doesn't...

7. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Apple is not going to admit they know about a device that they have not introduced!

AT&T does not announce what it is going to do till after Apple announces on the 9th!

Remain calm as all the rest is just plain rumors!

8. BluPrynt78 thread starter macrumors member

BluPrynt78

You sound like an employee. EVERYONE knows it's coming except the actual workers. Play dumb all you want.
    If you have NO INFO then keep it moving.

Back to the subject at hand...........anyone care to share their TOP SECRET info?

9. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I am sure there are people here that know much more but why would they tell you? I thought me reply was rather kind, unlike yours.:confused:

I still am laughing that you called Apple and are dissapointed that they did tell all their secrets to you, but then I see you are a "newbie"!:p

10. BluPrynt78 thread starter macrumors member

BluPrynt78

I didn't mean to sound rude. My bad
    But, if you have no info then there is no reason to reply. Apple plays dumb so no reason to hassle them. I'm not asking for IP6 specs. I'm not asking for the exact release date. I'm not asking for pricing. ALL of us know it's coming. What would be wrong w/ a pre-order date so that an average working consumer can plan ahead.
    China companies don't need a release date to start taking pre-orders. But they are ahead of the curve compared to the US.

Funny how your post count somewhat defines your intellect on forums. I would rather be known as a LURKER. ;)

11. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

If people who only had information replied to these forums this place would be dead. This IS the MacRumors forum and the answers you are seeking will not be found here. You are not the only little lurker who want his phone so bad he can't stand it. Good luck on you quest, sir.

12. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

lol - good response. I wonder if the response would be the same if OP called Microsoft to ask when he could pre-order Windows9 or Windows10. Or to throw in a car analogy, calling Honda to find out when he could pre-order a 2016 Accord (of course being a car company they would say, "now" and take his money without knowing). :) And the person at Apple is probably the equivalent of the fine lady or gent who says, "How may I direct your call" or a technician who is a mechanic in my bad car analogy. Oreo recipe... 11 herbs and spices... Coke ingredients... The list goes on and on.

Apple is secretive by design and the professional busy-body organizations and publications even can't get all of their secrets.

13. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

it's already been mentioned. pre-order details will be announced tuesday. you'll likely be able to pre-order it sometime next week.

14. BluPrynt78, Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2014

BluPrynt78 thread starter macrumors member

BluPrynt78

Good response? He provided no answer to the initial question asked.
    Get off his PNutts.
    FYI: I could've ordered a 2015 Honda Civic a few months ago. Mind you, it's not 2015 yet.

----------

Thanks.

15. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Apple is doing a major announcement next Tuesday. Of course folks pretty much know what it will be, but nobody KNOWS exactly what it will be.

So, if it is not announced, then Apple employees are not about to answer questions about something that "does not yet exist", at least publicly.

And, since Apple has not announced delivery dates, then their downstream folks like ATT are not going to give you an answer either.

Not sure why this is so hard for people to understand.

As to those blasting an earlier poster - he/she was only trying to help the other poster understand why calling Apple or ATT is not going get answers.

16. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

He called Apple anyway because he thinks he is special:p

17. BluPrynt78 thread starter macrumors member

BluPrynt78

Maybe I worded my post wrong for all the technical folks.

You don't have to have an exact date to take pre-orders. Again, we all know that the IPhone 6 will be announced on the 9th and released soon after but if you want to act as employees on this forum then so be it.

With that being said........does anyone have an idea (rumor) of when At&t or Apple will take preorders for the non existent IP6 that may be possibly announced on the supposed date of Sept 9th?

Employees or those ACTING as employees please ignore this post altogether. :D

18. Kealohilani macrumors 6502

Rumors point to preorders beginning on September 12th. That's if they even do preorders

19. Jwowbman macrumors member

Yea...like everyone else says "IF THEY DO PRE-ORDERS"

I have a iphone 5 and i pre-ordered mine but they announced during the unveiling when the pre-orders would start. I had to wait until midnight that night to order it. If they do pre-orders then I am going to be on there ASAP to get one for sure!!

20. BluPrynt78 thread starter macrumors member

BluPrynt78

Thanks for your feedback fellas!
    I just went ahead & took time off from work for the day of the announcement. At&t did say that they will be doing pre-orders but just not sure if it will be the 9th. I have plenty of sick time saved up if it happens to be another day :D

21. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Folks here will share what they know. Leaks, rumors, inside stuff, etc.

And one of the things we KNOW is that calling Apple and asking about the IP6 is really not so smart - since it has not been announced.

Not acting like an employee, just pointing out what should have been obvious.