Question about iPhone 5 Early Upgrade

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eddles13, Sep 14, 2012.

1. eddles13 macrumors newbie

I have a question for you guys. I signed a 2 year contract with AT&T for my iPhone 4 last September (just a few weeks before the 4S came out). I used to work at Best Buy and when I would check my upgrade availability, it would say I have an available "Early Upgrade for my iPhone" if I wanted to get the 4S or the 5. That being said, I see a lot of people complaining about an additional 250 bucks they had to dish out for the early upgrade fee. I thought I had to pay 299.99 for the 16 gig (since it's an early upgrade, 100 + 2 yr cost) and then tax? Why are some people being charged an extra 250?

Someone who knows the contract info or works in cell phone stores please clarify this for me. Thanks

2. dave006 macrumors 68020

You get to pay the same as the others complaining. The "Early Upgrade" for the 16 GB is the $199 + $250 + tax + $36 activation fee.

Dave

3. dweb619 macrumors member

yes dave is right. if you don't have a update for your line and you buy the iPhone you are paying for the phone (199)+ the 2 year contract (250) + your state taxes + and the sim activation (36)

like mine came out to $511.94 also if you want to check you update availability you can open the phone app and dial *638# and hit call. then you will get a text stating your update availability.