Question about iPhone replacement.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hereliesandy, Aug 18, 2012.

1. hereliesandy macrumors newbie

Hey guys, yesterday I got an iPhone replaced with a refurbished one because my original one had a faulty dock connector.

The problem with my replacement one is that they gave me one with a small nick in the screen. The nick is actually in in the screen (not the oleophobic coating) and can clearly be seen because it rainbows where it is. There are also small, slight scratches near where it is that you can see if you tilt the phone to the side. Keep in mind, I got it last night and have barely touched the phone today aside from answering a few phone calls.

My question is, do you think they will replace the phone for this? I found out that they have a 1 dead pixel replacement policy, logically, this should be replaced as well, right?

I hope you guys don't think I'm some OCD freak, because I'm not, in fact, I'm usually one of the first to tell people to get over it. I just think a thing like this little notch that distorts the screen is unacceptable in a refurbished phone, right?

2. andyx3x macrumors 65816

Only Apple can tell you this. They might think that you dropped it after getting it and are only trying to get another replacement for free. You'll have to take it in to them.

3. hereliesandy thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, guess you're right. I'm booking my appointment right now. Hopefully it works out for me, after all I got it less than 24 hours ago, there are no other scratches on the back, sides, or anywhere else on the screen that might suggest a dropped phone so maybe they'll help me out.