Question about my imac, applecare, and a little accident.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by twistedbydesign, Nov 19, 2008.

1. twistedbydesign macrumors member

ok, My iMac has a little burn on the side from a lamp touching it and sparking (i am lucky i didnt fry the computer).I dont know WHY the lamp had such a charge...it wasn't even near any of the electrical parts.
    The computer works perfectly except for this unsightly blemish.
    Needless to say i threw the lamp out.
    My concern is that if my computer decides to crap out on me later on, I won't be able to get it covered because they could claim that whatever caused the burn caused the failure.
    I don't want to buy applecare knowing that I'll just get rejected due to this. But until this incident i was definitely planning on getting it.
    Any ideas or suggestions for making sure I am covered if my computer does have problems later on?

2. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

Explain your situation before getting apple care. If they say yes they'll cover it - see if they can put a note so you don't have to fight it later on.

?

3. Adamo macrumors 6502

I've seen computers covered with AppleCare with pretty harsh damage to the casing, I wouldn't worry about it personally - it's obvious what caused what when it comes down to hardware issues, aesthetics don't come into it.

4. twistedbydesign thread starter macrumors member