Question about offline achievements

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by helenedwards, Feb 8, 2017.

1. helenedwards, Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2017

helenedwards macrumors newbie

So basically, a couple months ago I made an xbox live account on my xbox 360 that had just silver membership on it. However, a few weeks later I ended up buying an xbox one and a year gold subscription. I recovered the account that I made on my 360 onto my xbox one and changed the gamertag I was originally assigned.

Now here's to my question: I'm currently at school with no way of connecting to XBL due to the encrypted eduroam connection that's used at my university. I brought my xbox 360 to school with me intending to beat some old campaigns and earn achievements offline. However, I just signed into my xbox live account on my 360 and realized that the account still appears as my old gamertag and having silver membership since I never connected it back to live after recovering the account to my xbox one. I'm wondering, if I get achievements on this account on my 360, when I go home and sign into xbox live on this account will my achievements transfer? Even though my gamertag is different on the xbox 360 than it is on the xbox one, they both operate on the same windows ID obviously.

thanks for any help.

2. s0nicpr0s macrumors regular

s0nicpr0s

I'm unsure how it will act if you have achievements on both systems that the other knows nothing about. In the past, I know you could play a game offline and later connect and your achievements would be unlocked. I do not know how that would work if you have a connected Xbox One with new achievements and later connect your 360 with offline achievements. Ideally it will sync across and not lose any, but I can't say for certain.