Question about picking up my reserve.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ahfu25, Sep 13, 2012.

1. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

If I reserve it online to pick it up at my local apple store, lets say 5th Ave in Ny, do I have to wait online in the morning or can I go late afternoon when its not so chaotic?

2. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

I reserved the iPhone 4. They hold that stock back. I sat out with a friend, he hadn't one reserved, I had. Someone done a count, and we were in the 80 and 81 in line. When the let everyone in, they took 10-12 reserves per 1 non-reserved. I was the 6th person in and was out within 15 minutes of the doors opening. They closed down the non-reserved line about 11am to make sure the reserves were fulfilled for the day.

Basically, by the afternoon, you should get straight in unless everyone else with a reserve thinks the same thing. It should be pretty quick though.

3. dave006 macrumors 68020

They did not offer a reserve option last year for the iPhone 4S so they might not have it again this year...! :eek:

Dave

4. ahfu25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wait, so tonight if you pre-order through apple we would have to pay for the phone tonight? I dont remember it ever being that way unless you pre-ordered thru att or verizon.

5. dave006 macrumors 68020

We don't know yet if there will be a "RESERVE for In-store Pickup" this time. They did not offer it for the iPhone 4S!

There is a difference between a reserve and pre-order. If you pre-order, you order, provide payment information and it will be shipped to you! You are billed just before it ships.

Dave

6. username008 macrumors regular

7. ahfu25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Your right..I just spoke to an apple rep and was told its pre-orders only. To be shipped..no reserve for in store pick up. going to bed..lol..Im not waiting on that crazy line. I'll wait a month till I can just pick one up from apple.

8. 32d3gr33s macrumors newbie

wrong

i pre-ordered, and picked it up AND paid in the store

9. tigress666 macrumors 68040

How easy is it to cancel a pre-order?

I want to pre order just in case but it would be much easier on my schedule to reserve one to pick up (I work 9-5 on Friday so no staying in line over night and I won't be home for FedEx to drop off). Worse comes to worse then I can just have fedex leave the iphone at a location to pick up. But, I know even with the 4 where they allowed reserve to buy, they didn't offer that option until after they sold out of pre-orders so I don't think we'll know until it's too late to pre order if you want one opening/close to opening day.

10. luisn17 macrumors member

I'm sure they will place some sort of hold on the card to confirm you will be able to pay for the phone before an actual charge. For a debit card a hold on charge will still lower your available money

11. ahfu25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apple Store?

12. spacebetween macrumors regular

If they offer a reserve or pre-order and pickup in store... does anyone know how it would work if you are ordering a phone on someone else's account to use on yours? Would you be able to order it in your name for pick up or does it have to be in the name of the person who's account the phone is upgrading on?

13. luisn17 macrumors member

When you buy any other product you are given the option to name someone to pick up your items. I would have to assume they will follow the same process and should be able to pick up the phone under this terms if we have the option to select store pick-up

14. dave006 macrumors 68020

Well we will know in a little over 1 hour who is right and who is wrong. :cool:

Dave