Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eroxx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
I hide my dock. Is there a way I can get access to it when using screenshare, or a program like screens/vnc/etc ? Thanks!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I hide my dock. Is there a way I can get access to it when using screenshare, or a program like screens/vnc/etc ? Thanks!
Option-Command-D will show/hide the Dock. Or you can simply move the cursor to the bottom edge of the screen to make it pop up.

talmy

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2009
Oregon
If you figure out how to send Command-Option-D you can hide/unhide the dock. If not you can always change the key binding in the Keyboard Preference pane to something you can send.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
If you figure out how to send Command-Option-D you can hide/unhide the dock. If not you can always change the key binding in the Keyboard Preference pane to something you can send.
Command-Option-D works fine in Screen Sharing (affecting the remote, rather than the local), but doesn't in TeamViewer, and possibly not in other similar apps. For those, your suggestion would come in handy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.