Question about selling/buying Sprint (US CDMA) iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Uguubot, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Uguubot macrumors member

Uguubot

I plan to sell my iPhone 4S for Sprint before the new iPhone is out, I got it in December so my contract isn't up.

I have also heard that you cannot buy an off-contract iPhone from Sprint or the Apple store, is this true? Couldn't I just buy an off-contract iPhone 5/6 from the Apple store, take it up to the Sprint store and ask them to activate it, assuming they get the next iPhone?

And about selling my iPhone, how would I go about doing that? I do have a phone I can use in the time waiting for the new phone to come out.

Thank you for the help.

2. sbddude macrumors 6502a

Doesn't matter as long as you don't cancel sprint service.

False. You may have heard that you can't get an UNLOCKED phone for sprint, which may be true. However you CAN buy a no-commitment (i.e. off contract) iphone for sprint.

Ebay, Craigslist, gazelle, etc. Your choice.

Call sprint CS to activate the replacement phone if you want to use it in the meantime. The buyer may want to meet at a sprint store to activate it before buying it.

3. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Don't know where you heard that you couldn't purchase off contract phones but it was false. The places you would go to sell your phone are craigslist or ebay.

4. mbell1975 macrumors 6502a

Probably from a Sprint retail store. They make no money off it so they won't sell you one off contract which I think is complete BS. A Sprint corporate store will and so will an Apple store.

5. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Best Buy will as well. :)